5E Character Create Playlist

Ultimate License Authorization Failed error

We're having a problem trying to get the beta system to load. My DM purchased an ultimate subscription for Unity and put the key into the program. It says it has a valid ultimate license, but when demo players try to connect, they get this error (click for screenshot if you want):

Authorization failed: The host is running an unauthorized copy, or authorization server is down.

I have an ultimate license myself and I can log in without issue, but demo players get that error. It's like the DM's server isn't recognizing the ultimate key even though it says it's a valid key. Any ideas what the problem might be

I believe we do all have the same version, since we all downloaded the software last Friday or Saturday, but we'll check after we finish tonight's session. I know I updated my software this afternoon, perhaps others didn't.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kananesgi View Post
    I believe we do all have the same version, since we all downloaded the software last Friday or Saturday, but we'll check after we finish tonight's session. I know I updated my software this afternoon, perhaps others didn't.
    There have been 3 new builds since last weekend.

Blog Entries
    Only 3? Pretty sure it's more than that

EDIT:
    Had to go check https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Access-Updates
    2 on the 24th, 2 on the 25th and one on the 26th.

Or were you meaning the installer? No record of that, but you are probably right on that

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    There have been 3 new builds since last weekend.
    So just clicking on the "Check for Updates" button doesn't update to the latest build?

Having this same issue - this AM, attempted to connect freshly installed players to a freshly installed host running a private cloud game, and it did not work. Same alert as above. and DM has a perpetual Ultimate Unity license.

We discovered yesterday that our issue was caused by my DM canceling his ultimate license subscription. We only planned to use it for a month before the rest of the players bought licenses, so he canceled the subscription right after getting it, assuming that it would continue thru the month that he'd already paid for. However, the system deleted his license as soon as he canceled.

This doesn't sound like the same issue that your having. Only thing I could suggest is make sure the GMs license is indeed ultimate and input correctly.

Thread Information