FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 6 of 17 First ... 4567816 ... Last
    I am also really happy and congratulations I am also looking forward to it, especially for source content

But how does the license now work when it seemingly changed recently? I mean can users now also upload their own modules of AD&D content? (as I wrote you once Celestian, I have some module with all alcohols of Aurora's whole Realm Catalogue which I could upload here for example; but in 3.5, I could try to convert it) But, when I remember correctly, you wrote there is no SRD, so I guess the answer is "no" But I rather ask again

EDIT: I can at least offer to send that module to you, Celestian; just in case whenever you need it, then it's a little bit less work
    Last edited by Kelrugem; April 18th, 2019 at 21:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    But how does the license now work when it seemingly changed recently? I mean can users now also upload their own modules of AD&D content? (as I wrote you once Celestian, I have some module with all alcohols of Aurora's whole Realm Catalogue which I could upload here for example; but in 3.5, I could try to convert it) But, when I remember correctly, you wrote there is no SRD, so I guess the answer is "no" But I rather ask again
    Whatever you publicly share you need to have permission from the copyright owner, or the material needs to be covered by an OGL, Community Commons license, DMs Guild license, or similar. Original AD&D 1E and 2E products were not released under the OGL (as it didn't exist back then) and is covered by copyright. So, unless the specific product has any license that allows changing and public sharing of the material, then you won't be able to publicly share an FG module containing that material.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Whatever you publicly share you need to have permission from the copyright owner, or the material needs to be covered by an OGL, Community Commons license, DMs Guild license, or similar. Original AD&D 1E and 2E products were not released under the OGL (as it didn't exist back then) and is covered by copyright. So, unless the specific product has any license that allows changing and public sharing of the material, then you won't be able to publicly share an FG module containing that material.
    Ah thank you for the confirmation I already assumed that but wanted to be assured (due to some changes seemingly) Thanks

Blog Entries
    Ah thank you for the confirmation I already assumed that but wanted to be assured (due to some changes seemingly) Thanks
    It means that SmiteWorks have negotiated a license for SmiteWorks to publish some specific 1E/2E titles in Fantasy Grounds.
    That license doesnt extend to anyone else at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    It means that SmiteWorks have negotiated a license for SmiteWorks to publish some specific 1E/2E titles in Fantasy Grounds.
    That license doesnt extend to anyone else at this time.
    That is cool I welcome that

Blog Entries
    That is cool I welcome that
    You may be able to contact SmiteWorks with a sample of your work and they might allow you to do a 2E module conversion.

the statement: That license doesnt extend to anyone else at this time.

means that we as individuals cant upload copyright material for 1E/2E - we could do a high quality conversion and submit it to Smiteworks and they may be able to license it and give you commission. However it is always best to talsk to Smiteworks before embarking on a lot of work.

You may be able to contact SmiteWorks with a sample of your work and they might allow you to do a 2E module conversion.

means that we as individuals cant upload copyright material for 1E/2E - we could do a high quality conversion and submit it to Smiteworks and they may be able to license it and give you commission. However it is always best to talsk to Smiteworks before embarking on a lot of work.
    Thanks for that advice I converted a lot of source material since AD&D has a lot of nice source material just for flavour such that it can easily be used in other editions. (e.g. items, informations of areas etc. for flavour for players and so on)

I'll think about writing Smiteworks when I got sure that the quality could be good enough

Blog Entries

What is the email address for this? Support?
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    What is the email address for this? Support?
    Yes. There is also more information in this thread; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...tures-rulesets

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I notice the OSRIC modules still work with the 2e ruleset, could you produce material that references the OSRIC srd?

Thread Information