DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Inanimate tokens don't work well or I'm doing something very wrong.

My party is traveling in a caravan, so I took the time to find some nice wagon and horse tokens and pre-placed them on some different encounter maps. The issue is those tokens always take selection precedence over the player tokens. This makes selecting and moving the character tokens impossible when near an inanimate token. Also targeting isn't possible when a creature/character token is near an inanimate token. I wanted the characters to be able to interact with the tokens and I also wanted to avoid the extremely poor drawing tool available in the maps window. Any hints on how to do this?

Blog Entries
    This is a known design issue (token stacking) with the current default FG architecture.

Look into the Enhanced Layers Extension (CoreRPG I think?). I don't think you will be able to have the players interact with the tokens, but it will resolve your stacking issues like selection and targeting. Just make sure you read as the extension has a few known issues with it.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Bummer, I would have preferred to have been doing something very wrong.

The token underneath the token that is visibly on top is the one FG interacts with. To swap them, move the interacting token off and back onto the square to have it visually rise above the other token (which then becomes the one that is interacted with).

To get around all this, what I did was create horse tokens (you could also make a wagon) that have circles cut out of the image in the center. FG ignores transparency, so you can click on the token below through the hole in the horse. I use circle pog-style tokens so that the characters fit seamlessly inside the horse tokens.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Hmm, I'm not seeing that behavior. I am seeing the inanimate token to always be on top. It also seems to extend past the actual image some distance. Maybe that is because the token is larger than the image.

I also don't see how you can cut a hole in a token. Can you give more details?

Open the token in an image editor. Cut a circle out of the middle so that there is only transparency. Save the token as a .png to preserve the transparency.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilram the Grey View Post
    Hmm, I'm not seeing that behavior. I am seeing the inanimate token to always be on top. It also seems to extend past the actual image some distance. Maybe that is because the token is larger than the image.
    Sounds like you have Cross Platform Compatibility... enabled in the FG settings window. This results in PNG token transparency areas being selectable - i.e. disabling the ability to have areas of the token that aren't selectable like Nickademus has been describing.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Trenloe,

I am not sure where to find the settings window. I am running on a Mac with a Wineskin wrapper.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilram the Grey View Post
    I am not sure where to find the settings window. I am running on a Mac with a Wineskin wrapper.
    Click the "Settings" button on the main FG launch screen. As you're running on a Mac you may need the Cross Platform Compatibility setting enabled for FG to display correctly. You'll need to experiment to see what works best for you.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information