DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    That unshares it. So you would then have to reshape it.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    No; if you do that, then when you share it again, it will have to download again. If you have players that do stuff like that (I don't) then mask the whole image, and put some random garbage in the "unidentified" image name field, so they can't tell what it is.
    Ok thank you all for your help really appreciate it

Probably a stupid question but since your all being super helpful do you guys prep games by pitting all the tokens in before hand and make them visable as the game progresses roll20 style or as I have been doing just dropping them in as I think they are close to encountering them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GR0PED View Post
    Probably a stupid question but since your all being super helpful do you guys prep games by pitting all the tokens in before hand and make them visable as the game progresses roll20 style or as I have been doing just dropping them in as I think they are close to encountering them.
    Nope

FG is setup to use Encounters.

First, before I explain, let me clarify something about FG. Tokens do NOT have stats or such attached to them. i.e. tokens are not he parent object. NPCs are the parent object and have tokens linked to them. The second thing to remember, is the golden rule of FG, Always place PC & NPC tokens onto a map from either the Combat Tracker or using the auto-placement from an encounter.

So, create Encounters. These allow you to pre-place tokens on a map. Then when you close/complete the Encounter the token will disappear from the map until you use the auto-placement icon on the encounter, then it will place the NPC(s) on the CT and on the map in one step.

What I do, is create a story entry. The story entry can be linked with a pin on a map. In a traditional dungeon crawl this is one story/pin per room or situation/event/encounter. The story entry has the description, any boxed text, a link to the encounter, the treasure parcel the map, and anything else relevant.

If you are creating your own adventures, I suggest you check out this thread; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Best-Practices

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Nope

FG is setup to use Encounters.

First, before I explain, let me clarify something about FG. Tokens do NOT have stats or such attached to them. i.e. tokens are not he parent object. NPCs are the parent object and have tokens linked to them. The second thing to remember, is the golden rule of FG, Always place PC & NPC tokens onto a map from either the Combat Tracker or using the auto-placement from an encounter.

So, create Encounters. These allow you to pre-place tokens on a map. Then when you close/complete the Encounter the token will disappear from the map until you use the auto-placement icon on the encounter, then it will place the NPC(s) on the CT and on the map in one step.

What I do, is create a story entry. The story entry can be linked with a pin on a map. In a traditional dungeon crawl this is one story/pin per room or situation/event/encounter. The story entry has the description, any boxed text, a link to the encounter, the treasure parcel the map, and anything else relevant.

If you are creating your own adventures, I suggest you check out this thread; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Best-Practices
    OH i was totally missing the fact that tokens were already placed but invisible to me... I was running curse of strahd and manually dropping everything in using the pins to find the encounters ^^;; the explanation is also super useful thanks again ! Should be a slightly better dm with everything that i have learned here today haha ~

Blog Entries
    Glad to help.

If you can't ind the any answer that you need, just ask and someone will be glad to help out.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information