Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Fog of war opacity problem.

Hello.

I've prepared a jungle map for my players a few months ago, and tonight when we got to that map in my campaign it turns out that all the areas in "fog of war" is virtually transparent for my players. Even on my screen I can see sort of through the mask now (I'm pretty sure it wasn't like that when I set it up ways back, since I struggled a bit with closing all the gaps etc and know I worked quite a bit to ensure it worked the way I wanted). All the occluders are set up as walls, and when I test with a new wall occluder square directly infront of my players they can still see both through the fog of war behind the object, as well as inside it. Even if I reset the fog of war, clear the tokens, readd them, change line of sight, lighting etc: I'm unable to make the fog of war totally black. For one of my players, who has a rather high brightness could see virtually straight through the fog of war to the point it were a mere shaded overlay.

I know it's not much to go on but any pointers would be appreciated.

fg.jpg

This is from my end and my players has it ten times more transparent..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhakathoom View Post
    fg.jpg

This is from my end and my players has it ten times more transparent..
    Can you try hiding the FX layers one at a time to see if that changes anything? Can you also check to see if ambient lighting is on? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    Can you try hiding the FX layers one at a time to see if that changes anything? Can you also check to see if ambient lighting is on? Thanks.
    Thanks for your suggestions. However nothing you mentioned does anything to remedy the problem.fg2.jpg

Blog Entries
    Thanks for your suggestions. However nothing you mentioned does anything to remedy the problem.fg2.jpg
    Can you provide a copy of the campaign? https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ort+Developers

Can you provide a copy of the campaign? https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ort+Developers
    Yes, I'll do that when I get to my computer. Can I send it to you in a PM or do I have to share it here as an attachment as per the instructions? I'm not necessarily keen on sharing it publicly.

Also adding a poorly snapped phone-camera picture of how it appeared on one of my players screen. //edit: picture won't upload from my phone so I'll have to add it from the computer it seems. /
    Last edited by Zhakathoom; April 7th, 2024 at 15:57.

Blog Entries
    You can share a link to it via PM or a support ticket.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Yes, I'll do that when I get to my computer. Can I send it to you in a PM or do I have to share it here as an attachment as per the instructions? I'm not necessarily keen on sharing it publicly.

Also adding a poorly snapped phone-camera picture of how it appeared on one of my players screen. //edit: picture won't upload from my phone so I'll have to add it from the computer it seems. /
    I shared a Dropbox folder with the e-mail account associated with your Fantasy Grounds account. Let me know if you do not receive the invite at that address.

I shared a Dropbox folder with the e-mail account associated with your Fantasy Grounds account. Let me know if you do not receive the invite at that address.
    I think I've successfully zipped and shared the file in your folder. I'm not sure how to identify if the image/map in question is included however, since I made it entirely within FG with the mapeditor (hence it's not listed in my "images".) It's named "Jungle coordinates destination".

Any help on this would be appreciated since I'm stumped. It's probably due to something weird I've done with the wall occluders or somesuch, but I find it odd since the next map I made the exact same way seems to work. It's the jungle basement map. Also; if i create a square (shapetool) wall object straight infront of my characters on the map with the issues, and reset all the fog of war etc, it's still see-through like if it's "a remembered area".

Blog Entries
    I think I've successfully zipped and shared the file in your folder. I'm not sure how to identify if the image/map in question is included however, since I made it entirely within FG with the mapeditor (hence it's not listed in my "images".) It's named "Jungle coordinates destination".

Any help on this would be appreciated since I'm stumped. It's probably due to something weird I've done with the wall occluders or somesuch, but I find it odd since the next map I made the exact same way seems to work. It's the jungle basement map. Also; if i create a square (shapetool) wall object straight infront of my characters on the map with the issues, and reset all the fog of war etc, it's still see-through like if it's "a remembered area".
    Thanks for providing the campaign. These are the image files that are missing:

tokens/host/01 - Map resources/Elements/Ledge_02.png
    tokens/host/01 - Map resources/Elements/Ledge_03.png
    tokens/host/01 - Map resources/Elements/Ledge_05.png
    tokens/host/01 - Map resources/Elements/Rock_01.png
    tokens/host/01 - Map resources/Elements/Rock_03.png
    tokens/host/01 - Map resources/Elements/Rock_04.png
    tokens/host/01 - Map resources/Elements/jungle bush 01.png
    tokens/host/01 - Map resources/Elements/Jungle_Bush_02.png
    tokens/host/01 - Map resources/Elements/Jungle_Bush_03.png
    tokens/host/01 - Map resources/Elements/Jungle_Bush_04.png
    tokens/host/01 - Map resources/Elements/Wall_01.png
    tokens/host/01 - Map resources/Elements/Window_01.png
    tokens/host/01 - Map resources/Elements/Door_closed_01.png
    tokens/host/01 - Map resources/Elements/crate 2.png
    tokens/host/01 - Map resources/Elements/crate_or_hatch.png
    tokens/host/01 - Map resources/Elements/crate 3.png
    tokens/host/01 - Map resources/Elements/Antenna_dish1.png
    tokens/host/01 - Map resources/Elements/Antenna_dish2.png
    tokens/host/01 - Map resources/Elements/Jungle_Path_02.png
    tokens/host/01 - Map resources/Elements/Jungle_Path_03.png
    tokens/host/01 - Map resources/Elements/River_01.png
    tokens/host/01 - Map resources/Elements/Grass_01.png
    tokens/host/01 - Map resources/Elements/Plants_02.png
    tokens/host/01 - Map resources/Elements/Plants_03.png
    tokens/host/01 - Map resources/Elements/Plants_03 grey.png
    tokens/host/01 - Map resources/Elements/Pond_02.png
    tokens/host/01 - Map resources/Elements/River_01.png
    tokens/host/Kyrres Tokens/Objects/Barrel 5.png
    tokens/host/Kyrres Tokens/Objects/Barrel 6.png
    images/Terrain Objects/BarrelsAndFood.png@Torstans Asset Pack
    tokens/host/Kyrres Tokens/Objects/Crate 2.png
    tokens/host/Kyrres Tokens/Objects/Crate 3.png
    tokens/host/Kyrres Tokens/Objects/Crate 5.png

If you could zip up the files from tokens/host/01 - Map resources/ that should be enough for me to debug the map.

Thread Information