Starfinder Playlist

Exporting: Reference Manual and Story

I just realized that, I cannot export a reference manual without exporting Story. There is no "record type" Reference-Manual to export.

Am I missing something? I've not had to export in a while but this seems to be a new "feature" ?

I want to selectively export Reference Manual and/or Story or both.

Adding this to my aRecordOverrides
    Code:
        ["referencemanualpage"] = {
            bExport = true,
            bHidden = true,
            aDataMap = {"reference.refmanualdata"},
            sExportPath = "reference.refmanualdata",
            aExportAuxSource = {"reference.refmanualindex"},
            aExportAuxTarget = {"reference.refmanualindex"},
            sExportListClass = "reference_manual",
            sExportListPath = "reference.refmanualindex"
        },
    And the string for it
    Code:
    <string name="library_recordtype_label_referencemanualpage">Reference Manual</string>
    I can selectively do this again, sorta (Story will probably still export a ref-manual even tho not selected tho that option is not something I care about).

Was there a reason for this change? Some modules I have I dont want the Story entries in, particularly things like reference products like a Background book. They are unnecessary when you have the reference manual and clutters up Story records.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

No, this is by design. We want the Story pages and Reference Manual pages to all show up in the Story campaign list; and we want all the DLC to follow the same behaviors. This is why there are category groups to filter to specific books as needed.

* Reference manuals were explicitly rebranded to "Story Books".
    * Reference manual pages were explicitly rebranded to advanced "Story" records, and made available in the Story list.
    * Every Story record (simple or advanced) can be used to build "Story Books".
    * Story Book and any Story records are all exported when choosing the "Story" option in export.

With these changes, we are slowly converting adventures to remove the overhead of defining the same records two or three times in different locations; and make everything fully manageable by the GM/users.

We expect all new books to follow these guidelines.

Regards,
    JPG

So, what happens if I have a Module with no story entries but a reference manual?

Currently the only reason the products I mentioned have story entries was because there wasn't a builder and I used the story entries to generate a reference manual. Both are the same. It would seem odd to have both those story entries and the reference manual at the same time when the reference manual gives a much better user experience (inline images, appearance/etc)

I guess I can just nuke the old story entries.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    Reference Manuals are now Story books. And yes, if your ref man pages and stories are the duplicate, you can delete all of one set (i.e. the old stories which are now called simple stories)

edit: p.s. did you want this in the Laboratory or would it better be moved elsewhere? Let me know and I will move it.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

All of the previous reference manual pages are included in the Story records as advanced Story records already. (i.e. simple story in "encounter" tree; advanced story in "reference.refmanualdata" tree)

Yes, the duplication of data should be cleaned up if you want to redo any modules where the data was duplicated in this way. There was a period of time when modules had both simple Story and Reference Manual duplicated, but the plan is to move towards a single, consistent whole and clean up duplication as needed.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    All of the previous reference manual pages are included in the Story records as advanced Story records already. (i.e. simple story in "encounter" tree; advanced story in "reference.refmanualdata" tree)

Yes, the duplication of data should be cleaned up if you want to redo any modules where the data was duplicated in this way. There was a period of time when modules had both simple Story and Reference Manual duplicated, but the plan is to move towards a single, consistent whole and clean up duplication as needed.

Regards,
    JPG
    Understood. Anyone that used Author for the same purpose will need to do the same thing.
    ---

Thread Information