STAR TREK 2d20

Images wont load

I am unable to get any images in the game to laod. Maps, PC avatars, or any other campaign image. Ive uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared caches, updated, etc. Nothing has restored the images. I only have this issue on my laptop (very new and capable), but not my desktop.

Any ideas?

Welcome to the forums.

We'll need more information such as what ruleset? What modules? Are you using any extensions? Does this happen in a new campaign without extensions?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

You'll want to type /console once you load a session and attempt to access a few maps; then click the Compile Logs button, and post the resulting .zip file here. It will give more information if there are any errors in the logs regarding loading of images.

Regards,
    JPG

Here is a log with a new map the DM tried to push.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries
    One of your extensions needs to be updated or disabled. First try updating all your extensions and see if that fixes it. If not, create a new campaign with no extensions to test that FG itself is not an issue. Then add in one extension at a time until you find which one (or combination) is/are causing the issue. Then talk with the extension developer and see if they can update and fix their extension.

As you have probably no doubt heard before, if you are going to use lots of extensions, you are going to need to do a lot of testing and research with every update to FG. I suggest that each time an FG update comes out, you do the following;
    - Check to see if it updates any rulesets or core application functions (see Forums> City Hall), if so do not update until:
    - Wait 5-10 days after the update, then
    - Check the forum or DMsGuild or Discord thread for each extension and determine if anyone else has reported problems with it and if the developer reports it being fixed
    - Update any non-Forge extensions manually
    - At least 3 days prior to your gaming session, update and test. Using a second instance of FG to connect as a player and test player things.
    - Identify which extensions still have issues and if you can't get a fix before game time, disable it for that session.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The solution (and mind you this has been going on with this laptop for over a month), presented itself tonight. I use my cell phone for internet because I am currently on a ship. I had it outside to get signal, and the wind blew it off the platform I had it on. It fell 50 ft. onto the deck. I retrieved it, and to my surprise no damage. At all. Still on.

I go back up to where i was at, place it back outside, reestablish the hotspot, log back in... and everything loaded. Graphics, maps, all of it.

What?

Thread Information