DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Placing Wall or Terrain LOS on Player & NPC Tokens

I use 5E and prefer to use hexes and facing bonuses when attacking someone from behind. Would even be possible to implement placing a LOS blocker on the opposite side of the facing arrow of a Player or NPC token to simulate that a character can really only see what is in front of them (and its peripheral)? If so, it might even take of the request to add directional lighting from a token for things like bull's eye lanterns (although it would mess with the Light spell and other lighting effects that are not directional).

I'm guessing if it can be implemented one would need to use the terrain LOS blocker for lighting that is not directional as it allows light to pass through its perimeter. The wall line obviously does not. Just tested using a circle of both terrain and wall lines.
    Last edited by claedawg; March 22nd, 2024 at 01:46.

Blog Entries
    I don't think so.
    But from a play perspective, if you are trying to simulate reality, what about the reality that turning one's head is a simple task? Add in all the lore that a good warrior is aware of everything in all directions and I'm not sure a heroic fantasy should try to limit a creatures vision to only a forward arc. Up to you of course how things run at your table, but may I suggest you think on it.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I don't think so.
    But from a play perspective, if you are trying to simulate reality, what about the reality that turning one's head is a simple task? Add in all the lore that a good warrior is aware of everything in all directions and I'm not sure a heroic fantasy should try to limit a creatures vision to only a forward arc. Up to you of course how things run at your table, but may I suggest you think on it.
    You have a good point.

Simulating flashlights or bullseye lanterns could be nice in certain games like Call of Cthulhu though. You can vote for its implementation here (search "bullseye").

Quote Originally Posted by Egheal View Post
    Simulating flashlights or bullseye lanterns could be nice in certain games like Call of Cthulhu though. You can vote for its implementation here (search "bullseye").
    I already voted for it.

Thread Information