5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

No response from support

Hi I've sent in two different email for support for two issues. One a week ago and one 3 day ago and I've received no response on either request. I don't know if I'm supposed to receive an email from Fantasy Grounds acknowledging that I have an open ticket but I haven't received any such emails. Is it normal to not receive a response in over a week? I bought the ultimate license so I can host games but my GM name is apparently my username which I didn't know when I created my account and I need to change my username. Also I subscribed to the monthly without signing into paypal and never was able to activate the license so I need that sub canceled. So far very unimpressed with FG support.

I've always gotten an auto-reply shortly after submission, then an e-mail from support when they look at it. They don't normally work on the weekends or most US holidays from what I can tell.

They seem to reply to the e-mail associated with you Fantasy Grounds web account. Make sure that is correct by looking at your profile would be my advice. It's also possible they are swamped with the release of 4.5.

Edit: And welcome to the FG boards.

Quote Originally Posted by rcgraybill View Post
    Hi I've sent in two different email for support for two issues. One a week ago and one 3 day ago and I've received no response on either request. I don't know if I'm supposed to receive an email from Fantasy Grounds acknowledging that I have an open ticket but I haven't received any such emails. Is it normal to not receive a response in over a week? I bought the ultimate license so I can host games but my GM name is apparently my username which I didn't know when I created my account and I need to change my username. Also I subscribed to the monthly without signing into paypal and never was able to activate the license so I need that sub canceled. So far very unimpressed with FG support.
    I suspect that your email is going to spam. It seems that certain gmail (I think it is) email addresses get sent to spam and so never reach support. It is certainly the case that you should get at least a confirmation email; and in fact your issue should be dealt with normally with a few hours (depending on where in the world you are - if you are in the US where most of the team are then the response will be quicker since you're in the same time zone).

If you have another email address you could try that or you could join the Smiteworks Discord since a couple of the people who can change your username hang out there a lot of the time.

I'm not sure what the issue is with the license but if you have a different email for PayPal than you have for Smiteworks then that is an issue still I think.

You can join the Discord from here. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Discord-Server
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    If you did not get the automated replies, check your spam and junk folders. You can also see about seeing if one of the SmiteWorks folks is online in Discord and see if they can look up your tickets for you. https://discord.gg/GPdphKNy

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

/shrug

no reply from them but they changed my username. idk what is going on why I'm not seeing their responses but at least I got what I needed. And no its not in junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodrah View Post
    /shrug

no reply from them but they changed my username. idk what is going on why I'm not seeing their responses but at least I got what I needed. And no its not in junk.
    Sorry you've had a poor experience. But it looks like support have received your emails, so it sounds like the email process of replying to you is being blocked at some point. I sometimes get that with certain email providers.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

What email service do you use? You may need to white list the support email address in your email settings or maybe even your antivirus program.

I don't what those email addresses are so if someone does know, can you post them here?

Also, some cell phone service providers have started auto-blocking text messages from companies they deem to be spam, not sure if this also affects email in some cases. If this is the case, SmiteWorks will need to reach out to the service provider to get that block removed (this happened with the company I work for just last month).

The reply that I got from a test support ticket (with WishX's help) came from Fantasy Grounds Customer Support <[email protected]>
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information