FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

Story window behavior changes

Found some differences with story windows, not sure if these are expected:

1. Links in Story windows no longer open new windows, instead they open in place. Shift+Click opens the link in a new window. If the window is open somewhere else, clicking the link closes the old window. This would be less annoying if there was a back button. Example:
      1. Create "Story 1" and "Story 2". Open both in separate windows
      2. Put a link to "Story 2" in "Story 1"
      3. Click the link in "Story 1"
      4. The "Story 2" window closes
    2. If you put a self-referencing link in a story entry, clicking it closes the window entirely.
      1. Create "Story 4"
      2. Put a link to "Story 4" into the body text
      3. Click the link
      4. Window closes
    3. With traditional story entries, to enter text in the body or drag links into a new (empty) story, you have to literally click on the text that says "Click to enter text". Clicking in the window area anywhere else doesn't give it focus. Same with dragging links to an empty story

5E ruleset, no extensions
    Last edited by Ecks; March 10th, 2024 at 21:21.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post710946

Still have to figure out how I'm going to handle #3; so that will come later.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post710946

Still have to figure out how I'm going to handle #3; so that will come later.

Regards,
    JPG
    Hey MW,

I tried to find the bug thread which used to be pinned towards the top, but didn't have any luck.

There is a problem with the new solution of opening in window.

Start with a ref man advanced story, which has navigation buttons. If there is a link to a simple story, it then loads INTO the window where you navigation was.. now your navigation is gone and you have no way to get back to the item you were just on.

Example: Wild Beyond the Witchlight.. Look at the Introduction/Unicorn Horn book page.. Click on the Location: Elidon link. It loads up the 03.06.06 L6. Rocking Horse Simple Story and now you're stuck.

Separately, it would be nice if there was a highlight on the left hand index to show you what page you were currently looking at. Bold text, different background color, icon navigation, something.

Quote Originally Posted by dbachen View Post
    Hey MW,

I tried to find the bug thread which used to be pinned towards the top, but didn't have any luck.

There is a problem with the new solution of opening in window.

Start with a ref man advanced story, which has navigation buttons. If there is a link to a simple story, it then loads INTO the window where you navigation was.. now your navigation is gone and you have no way to get back to the item you were just on.

Example: Wild Beyond the Witchlight.. Look at the Introduction/Unicorn Horn book page.. Click on the Location: Elidon link. It loads up the 03.06.06 L6. Rocking Horse Simple Story and now you're stuck.

Separately, it would be nice if there was a highlight on the left hand index to show you what page you were currently looking at. Bold text, different background color, icon navigation, something.
    If you press SHIFT whilst clicking on the link it will open the page in a new window leaving the original intact.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

looking for a fix with the next and previous page buttons...not a workaround.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GSKlein View Post
    looking for a fix with the next and previous page buttons...not a workaround.
    See post #3. It's being worked on but there are design considerations to take into account. It may take a little bit of time to resolve.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Am I spending too much time in Fantasy Grounds? I dreamed the old story navigation arrows were back last night.

I've just pushed a new update to the patch system that should address this. Please run a new Check for Updates, and try again.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I've just pushed a new update to the patch system that should address this. Please run a new Check for Updates, and try again.

Regards,
    JPG
    Well Moon Wizard though I have forward and backward navigation arrows I fail to see why my campaign story area shows Story (Advanced) and Story (Simple) showing when before the latest fixes...it didn't show the books (which are the advanced stories) I was copying in as reference manuals.

Though once I gave high praise to Fantasy Grounds...I'm afraid this latest update has left a bad taste in my mouth and a sadness in my heart for what was once a beautiful thing now seems tarnished.

Thread Information