STAR TREK 2d20

This is probably a dumb issue for 4.5 but still looking for an answer...

Good Morning.

In particular:

Why do I not see the FULL information on my NPCs now that I created a new test campaign in 5e?
    All I see is a very abbreviated display like Size, Reach, Senses. That's it.

And this was the DEFAULT way it opened after 4.5 update.

Also - Ping. I hope its just a bug, because the way it works -- while the intention is good, is not fully useful. I was in a game last night 3/9/24 (since there are constant updates it seems since Thurs/Friday) - there's six of us players in this game, the DM had no issue seeing any player's ping but other players couldn't see other players ping.

So what's the point of the feature then? That's kind of stupid no? The DM also said he doesn't like how he can't choose if he wants JUST certain players to see his ping or EVERYONE.

There's more things I don't understand why they are the way they are with this update, so don't think "that's it dude that's your beef?"...No I have more -- but I'm trying to breathe in breathe out, calm down and just wait for solutions.

As an aside - I did start a rage post about 4.5 but I deleted it , just to be clear as I wanted to at least say "yeah this update has wasted a lot of my time as a DM"...

But there's a lot of people just raging...so the above is the most of my rage on this for now. I'm sure the message there has been made clear to Smite, no need for me to go "reckless attack" as well.

I do think , IMO, Smiteworks needs to do FANTASTICALLY better not just with documentation (REAL documentation btw, as in STEP BY STEP with pictures!) but the documentation is only useful if its updated to the exact moment of the live version so to speak ALL THE TIME and finally that has to be communicated loud and proud.

If players don't know it exists you can't holler "Hey stupid we did document that its updated!"

You can not assume customers will go to YouTube channels and then call that your documentation. The quick videos that are done are useful , so I don't want to crap on those entirely. But I'm not a younger player so I think the old way of documentation is still better than videos. The weekly Friday show you do on You tube is great btw, I'm not hating on it -- but I just hope you don't count that as documentation...because its not.

Think in terms of saving DMs time -- that's probably a good start. "How do I make this not waste DM's spare time to figure this out?"
    Last edited by Mytherus; March 10th, 2024 at 15:06.

I played 3 hours last night and all the players could see each other Pinging fine.

Also, everyone who played in the game last night said they liked ALL the changes, and some of them are long term FG users, some of them are new. Not a single complaint.

I have no idea about the 5e NPCs, maybe you are running some extensions that cause the problem? I don't use 5e so can't check.

5eNPCs.png
    This seems fine to me. 3 random NPCs, one I created.

Blog Entries
    The ping issue was a bug and has been fixed by one or two hot fixes. Please make sure ALL users are updated.

This update has made a lot of architectural changes. I would assume that all extensions are broken until you have verified with teh extension developer or that user community that the extension works with 4.5.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Can you screenshot what you are seeing with NPCs? And have you disabled all extensions when testing?

There was a bug in the ping which meant only the DM and player could se it; however that was fixed yesterday (I think).

Patch notes are always posted here. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filel...hnotes_v4.html
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Can you screenshot what you are seeing with NPCs? And have you disabled all extensions when testing?

There was a bug in the ping which meant only the DM and player could se it; however that was fixed yesterday (I think).

Patch notes are always posted here. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filel...hnotes_v4.html
    Thanks Zaccheus

I found the issue. It's a background option that came with my Art Sub. I guess I didn't understand what "4.5 READY" meant on the background theme (because there's only one such option in my whole collection)

I'll attach images , but essentially I had "Theme: BARON 2.0.1 - v4.5.0 READY" selected as the background. but I've never thought a Theme would interfere so until I read your post which in my mind I was thinking "YES I disabled all my extensions" I then did a '''hmm...this is a new theme here let's turn this off.."

That is all it was. When I put ANY other theme in my collection on all NPC data shows as I'm used to (which is the full information).

Glad to hear Ping was fixed btw, that is one of the best additions to the update IMO (like to me that feature even trumps the new camera view).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mytherus View Post
    Thanks Zaccheus

I found the issue. It's a background option that came with my Art Sub. I guess I didn't understand what "4.5 READY" meant on the background theme (because there's only one such option in my whole collection)

I'll attach images , but essentially I had "Theme: BARON 2.0.1 - v4.5.0 READY" selected as the background. but I've never thought a Theme would interfere so until I read your post which in my mind I was thinking "YES I disabled all my extensions" I then did a '''hmm...this is a new theme here let's turn this off.."

That is all it was. When I put ANY other theme in my collection on all NPC data shows as I'm used to (which is the full information).

Glad to hear Ping was fixed btw, that is one of the best additions to the update IMO (like to me that feature even trumps the new camera view).
    I just tested that theme, it is not 4.5.0 ready

BARON 2.0.2 - UPDATE - NPC and WINDOW FIX

!! BARON 2.0.1 DID HAVE ISSUES on v4.5.0; NPC Records and Story Items broken. FIXED, Please UPDATE !!

Thank You, Jiminimonka for ALERTING ME. And, John for providing direction.

BARON Theme for Fantasy Grounds Unity on THE FORGE
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/891/view

Happy Gaming!
    - The Simple DM

Thread Information