FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

LOS and Mask token visibility triggers visibility on Combat Tracker

Haven't used FGU in a while. Did they ever implement LOS and Mask token visibility triggers visibility on Combat Tracker? It was on the Idea Informer wish list but that does not work anymore apparently.

No. Visibility of a token on the map is determined by the visibility on the CT.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Well, you can select an token on the map that is hidden on the combat tracker and right click the token and set mask visibility. I do that frequently so the player's will see the monster if they move so it becomes visible. I seldom make a monster visible on the tracker until the player's see it.

I suppose it's the same as before where when a monster token becomes visible on the map, the GM has to manually select the eye button on the combat tracker for the players to see it in the CT. That was always a pain in the butt. I was hoping that would be automated by now.

I might be mistaken but if I remember correctly, if you use the "eye" button to make the monster visible in CT it does so on the map as well? Never crossed my mind to make the token visible instead of the CT entry.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    I might be mistaken but if I remember correctly, if you use the "eye" button to make the monster visible in CT it does so on the map as well? Never crossed my mind to make the token visible instead of the CT entry.
    I believe the request is the opposite of this; to make NPCs on the CT visible based upon if they are within LOS on the map.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I believe the request is the opposite of this; to make NPCs on the CT visible based upon if they are within LOS on the map.
    Yes, this.

There was a more detailed description on idea.informer. If I remember correctly, it was in the top 5 or 10 in upvotes.

http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/ no longer works so people might want to remove it from their bios.

Blog Entries
    Idea informer stopped working correctly at the end of last week. The hope is that it will be fixed, and one of the SmiteWorks people has been asked to look into it. But I do not believe they have gotten a definite answer yet.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I do hope they get it back up again, especially as I have invested quite some time into filing in suggestions and needed feature requests.

I find it a vital transparent feedback option for the community. Regular bug reports don't make if for it.

Any news on if or when the service will be available again?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_133 View Post
    I do hope they get it back up again, especially as I have invested quite some time into filing in suggestions and needed feature requests.

I find it a vital transparent feedback option for the community. Regular bug reports don't make if for it.

Any news on if or when the service will be available again?
    A completely new version is being worked on. Just need to iron out a few things before it's ready for release.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information