STAR TREK 2d20

Devin Night Tokens and 2.5D mode

Hi,
    I hope this is the right place to ask this (if not, I am sorry). I really like the new mode, but have all the Devin Night tokens. These Tokens can`t be used in 2.5D because of the top down view, which makes it so they look down into the ground. Are there plans to convert these tokens or are they just not useable in this mode?
    Thank you for your work and have a nice evening.
    Greetings
    Max

Quote Originally Posted by Tordrache View Post
    Hi,
    I hope this is the right place to ask this (if not, I am sorry). I really like the new mode, but have all the Devin Night tokens. These Tokens can`t be used in 2.5D because of the top down view, which makes it so they look down into the ground. Are there plans to convert these tokens or are they just not useable in this mode?
    Thank you for your work and have a nice evening.
    Greetings
    Max
    The 'tokens' used in Camera mode are actually images rather than tokens. So if you have images (in wepb format preferably) for your PCs or NPCs put those into the camera token (add the images to your campaign and then drag from the image list and drop into the camera token spot). If there's nothing in the Camera token slot then the token (the one in the token slot) will be used as the image. I don't know what ruleset you are using but many of the images in many official publications have been converted to wepb format so that they can be used as camera token images.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    I imagine the various token artists might consider making complimentary portrait/full body art to match their token sets. But this is a lot of work, especially to go from top down views to full body. But, there will be a market for it. That said, I would not expect artists to do this work for free and so would expect they would be making and selling new products to go along with their previous sets. Here's hoping Devin and DarkWoulfe and others agree it's worth their time. I would support a few of those endeavors.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    ...it's worth their time. I would support a few of those endeavors.
    You have my $word!

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I imagine the various token artists might consider making complimentary portrait/full body art to match their token sets. But this is a lot of work, especially to go from top down views to full body. But, there will be a market for it. That said, I would not expect artists to do this work for free and so would expect they would be making and selling new products to go along with their previous sets. Here's hoping Devin and DarkWoulfe and others agree it's worth their time. I would support a few of those endeavors.
    I'm keeping my eye on it as a possibility for the Isometric assets I am working on. I had drifted away from Fantasy Grounds for tokens as I just felt FG was lagging in the field of token control if you didn't do anything other than a square or circle.
    Last edited by Tailz Silver Paws; March 12th, 2024 at 03:29.
    Tailz, the Artist of Studio WyldFurr
    Follow Studio WyldFurr on Twitter, Facebook, and the studio web site.
    "The London Underground, is not a resistance movement!"

Thread Information