5E Character Create Playlist
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by The Decepticon View Post
    I like it a lot even with a few minor bugs that I saw (I kept having my ettin spawn 25 feet below the map no matter what I did in camera mode). The best is to impress on the size, like Mytherus, mentioned above. I also will use for a ranged character shooting through multiple PCs/monsters. I can now say look at camera mode and tell me how you are going to hit the bad guy in the back.

Great job Smiteworks! Keep up the good work.

P.S. Now if you can only find someone to do all the lighting in Dungeon of the Mad Mage that would be great. Ha ha...kidding...unless
    About to run DotMM from level 8ish on... would be slick to have the maps preprepped....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MartianXi View Post
    Just a question about the new isometric view.. It seems like this would be useful for 3d tokens, akin to having miniatures on a tabletop.

Are there such things available or are there plans to do something like that in future?

I see above someone mentions tokens above but is there a thread someone can direct me to?
    See if the videos here answer your questions;
    fatasy ground 4.5.0 - YouTube

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I still have not updated since I use a bunch of extensions, but if I can now pan maps with WASD I am sooo happy about that! The ping thing had also been requested several times. Standardising the window interface is also a good thing.

The other features I care less about, and I didn't feel the need for 2.5 view, maybe I'll get it to like it maybe not. Some other people probably care more about them. In any case I am provisionally (since I haven't updated yet) very happy about the update.

Certainly to each their own. And not all features are useful to everyone. I like that these views are optional to the player and the GM.

The early demo (6-8 months ago) of this 2.5D view did not grab me. But this has come a long way and I do like the direction. I will be using these new visual features in my game. Overall the map movement and such feels more responsive as well.

Quote Originally Posted by amerigoV View Post
    Certainly to each their own. And not all features are useful to everyone. I like that these views are optional to the player and the GM.

The early demo (6-8 months ago) of this 2.5D view did not grab me. But this has come a long way and I do like the direction. I will be using these new visual features in my game. Overall the map movement and such feels more responsive as well.
    I definitely like that a couple things -- Ping, as simple as it may be, is VERY nice and as silly as it is -- its one of the nicest things I like about 4.5, my DM nerd heart definitely went "about time".

As I posted already the 2.5 D view is optional so I don't really see the point anyone has on being too down on Smiteworks for it. I mean just turn it off (keep it off in fact as I think that's the default).

But the biggest comments from players on my discord isn't really hate for the fact that its there, its just was a discussion knowing Smiteworks is a small company with a small pool of devs, so with that the convo was "2.5D is ok I guess, but I just think it would have been more impactful for more players if their time went to crossing out very popular requests on the idea/suggest list first....". (I haven't looked at that list in a while mind you, and I heard it went down recently)

The QOL changes they keep sprinkling in are spot on though and I do love that they are doing that work.

Most of the update is optional, which is fine. However, I'm frustrated that images increased the amount of dead space at the top with that huge bar (the one with the name on it, not the one with the perspective swapping). Space is so premium in FGU as it is. This just makes the problem worse. I don't need a 1 inch banner with just an image name on it.

It's been stated that the reserved space at the top is being reserved for a future purpose. Parts of the current updates have been in preparation for other features\updates that will be coming down the road.

Interesting. First I am hearing of this, though I don't doubt I missed some forum/discord post somewhere.

Blog Entries
    It was mentioned in the Beta test sub-forum.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    It was mentioned in the Beta test sub-forum.
    I wanna know what was mentioned and by whom.

Thread Information