Starfinder Playlist
    Greece & Iceland, depending on the time of year.

About that Empty space above maps when Images are Maximized...

When an image is maximized by one step, there is an empty space (highlighted in the attached image in green).

I understand this is to accommodate the portraits in the upper left. And more specifically so that the portraits don't get in the way of the Token Highlight that appears in the upper left corner of a map when we hover over a token.

It's not... ideal. :P

That empty space does not look good and it cuts down on my map real-estate. Furthermore, what about when we decide to move the Portrait-panel? That space continues to be empty for no reason.

Now, it's true that Fully Maximizing the image will make that emptiness go away, but as that would hide the chatbox and sidebar it would not really work for actual play. (I personally use that level of maximize when I build maps--it's actually handy there--but other than that it's not really useful)

Might I suggest moving to the Token Highlight to the upper Right instead? On in the bottom right, above the map pan/zoom controls? And then have the image fully expand upwards like it used to.

On a somewhat related and unrelated note: Why is it that first step mazimize doesn't take over the entire desktop and the Chatbox and sidebar hover over it? I always felt that would look much, much better.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Gotta agree with this feedback. I too always use the first step image maximize and move the portraits to the lower right to avoid the highlighted token issue. Would totally solve that if the token highlight were top right. Would hate not to have the map take up that row of space.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

That area is being reserved for an upcoming change that will increase the usage of that area across the top to fill even more space, which will interfere with not only hover graphic, but toolbar as well. We'll re-evaluate once that has been released. The plan is to do it during the beta testing, but it's still being finalized.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Got it, thanks
    Looking forward to what's coming!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vass_Dts View Post
    On a somewhat related and unrelated note: Why is it that first step mazimize doesn't take over the entire desktop and the Chatbox and sidebar hover over it? I always felt that would look much, much better.
    Regardless of what that upper space is going to be used for, I would like to second the wish for a mode where the image takes over the whole desktop and all other UI elements hover over it.

Greece & Iceland, depending on the time of year.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    Regardless of what that upper space is going to be used for, I would like to second the wish for a mode where the image takes over the whole desktop and all other UI elements hover over it.
    I was about to post a comment to your thread, but then I noticed your post here.

One of the Devs was over the FG Academy discord the other day, and we and the lads had a brief conversation about how we prefer the map functionality be like. The map beneath the chatbox and sidebar wish was mentioned. The response was "it's in my notes," by which I infer that even though they do not necessarily commit to such an option, it is something they are considering.

Also, like you, I greatly lament the loss of space. I retain and a wait-and-see stance until I see what features will take that space. It is my personal--and possibly inaccurate--assumption that the maximize image mode is currently in a bit of flux.

Is the ability to turn the player list into a combat list the mysterious thing that the upper screen space is being reserved for?

Because I definitely have no plan to ever use that feature and would really like the screen space back. T_T

Screenshot_20240421_195802.png
    What gap? Increase the map size 2 steps.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    Is the ability to turn the player list into a combat list the mysterious thing that the upper screen space is being reserved for?

Because I definitely have no plan to ever use that feature and would really like the screen space back. T_T
    This is an old thread and there isn't a gap above the image any more.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information