DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Necessary Rulebooks

Hi what does a group lose not having the DMG or MM FG modules when running pre-preprinted adventures (say, Curse of Strahd)? I can see where they would be almost necessary for setting up a homebrew campaign, but I am wondering what hardships CoS would have for the party if the DM didn't have those books online.
    --

Oh wait! Now I'm a Crusader!!!

Blog Entries
    Nothing. FG adventure modules are completely self-contained if you are running/using the module as written. The DMG and MM will allow you to alter the module by adding magic items and monsters to your adventure, but they are not needed.

Not exactly the answer to your question, but a lot of good info on a more generic version of your question here: What do I need to play 5e? (fantasygrounds.com)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

That article is actually perfect. It says, in short, what one gets (or misses) from each book in a FG setting. That is exactly what I wanted to know. Thank you.
    --

Oh wait! Now I'm a Crusader!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by father0fnine View Post
    Hi what does a group lose not having the DMG or MM FG modules when running pre-preprinted adventures (say, Curse of Strahd)? I can see where they would be almost necessary for setting up a homebrew campaign, but I am wondering what hardships CoS would have for the party if the DM didn't have those books online.
    You can happily play with the PHB and CoS modules.

Thread Information