5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    You can drag and drop the record in the same campaign list to make a local campaign fully editable copy of the record.

Regards,
    JPG

Also, in my picture attached, you can see that there is a lock entry in both the book section as well as the individual record window from the Tomb of Annihilation module. Can you see the locks in your version of those windows?

Once unlocked, you should be able to copy/paste content from any text section using Control+C and Control+V.

The copy/paste buttons at the top are a special button to copy the all the column content from one "advanced" Story record to another "advanced" Story record. (You can also drag and drop in the Story records campaign list to copy as well, as noted in previous post). These buttons do not interact with the clipboard.

Regards,
    JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Also, in my picture attached, you can see that there is a lock entry in both the book section as well as the individual record window from the Tomb of Annihilation module. Can you see the locks in your version of those windows?

Once unlocked, you should be able to copy/paste content from any text section using Control+C and Control+V.

The copy/paste buttons at the top are a special button to copy the all the column content from one "advanced" Story record to another "advanced" Story record. (You can also drag and drop in the Story records campaign list to copy as well, as noted in previous post). These buttons do not interact with the clipboard.

Regards,
    JPG
    I tried dragging and dropping to make a new copy but it won't do it. I've done that before but for some reason it's not doing it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamis151 View Post
    I tried dragging and dropping to make a new copy but it won't do it. I've done that before but for some reason it's not doing it now.
    What is it you are trying to drag and drop?

If you want to make edits to the Albino Dwarves entry in ToA then open the page in the Tomb of Annihilation book and then simply unlock the page and you will be able to edit it. If you want to make a copy of that page then start a new book by clicking on the books menu and then on the campaign button and create a new page. Open the Albino Dwarf page in ToA; click on the copy contents button at the top right of the page and then click on paste contents button on the new page you just created
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I'm sorry I should have mentioned I'm trying to do this in Legacy of the Crystal Shard. I'm trying to copy the Bryn Shander story block to edit or copy from it. I've attached a screenshot.

Blog Entries
    I'm sorry I should have mentioned I'm trying to do this in Legacy of the Crystal Shard. I'm trying to copy the Bryn Shander story block to edit or copy from it. I've attached a screenshot.
    What happens when you click the unlock icon?
    What happens when in the story list you grab the left icon (drag handle) and drag it down below the lower story entry?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

What happens when you click the unlock icon?: Nothing

What happens when in the story list you grab the left icon (drag handle) and drag it down below the lower story entry? Nothing

I can drag and drop NPC's just not the story.

Thanks for providing this example. It appears that locked Story (Advanced) records can't be copied - either by using the "Copy Record Contents" button, nor by using the traditional drag/drop method. Hopefully the devs can use this example and investigate what isn't working as per design.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Understood. Thanks everyone for taking a look at this.

Thread Information