STAR TREK 2d20

Using old 4e modules and extensions

Greetings!

I was considering coming back to Fantasy Grounds to run 4e dnd as I have all of my old modules and extensions from years ago.

Would these files still be useable in the new Core or Unity builds of Fantasy Grounds? If not, are they a total wash or could they be updated in some fashion?

Looking to avoid a ton of work that has been done before.

Thank you ahead of time for any assistance!
    Don't flirt with death... You just might get laid.

I believe that the modules should still work, as the data format has not changed in a very long time. However, the extensions are very unlikely to still work.

Regards,
    JPG

Thank you for the very quick response!

I will give it a go, at least I am not starting from square one. There would have been so many powers to create...

Blog Entries
    The biggest possible issue with the modules is that FGC allowed some of the ASCII characters that FGU does not. Like some of the special angled quotes and such. FGU will put a box for the character. You can do a find/replace in an xml editor to fix these if they show up.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

It's not so much that FGC allowed them, it just used a different encoding and labeled it incorrectly. (i.e. It used Windows-1252 encoding, but labeled it as ISO-8859-1.)

FG Unity supports UTF-8 encoding, and automatically converts from ISO-8859-1. However, due to the mis-encoding in FGC, there are some characters that are used in Windows-1252 that aren't used in ISO-8859-1, that are technically unprintable in ISO-8859-1. So, we have typically converted those in store products to simpler versions of the same characters (i.e. simple dashes, simple single quote, simple double quote, etc.)

Regards,
    JPG

Working on it this weekend. Will keep an eye out for issues.

Thank you!

Thread Information