FG Spreadshirt Swag

In person & remote players equipment setup / suggestions

I'm considering some future games that will be a combination of inperson and remote players. And I'm gathering data on setups and equipment recommendations.

I'm torn between a raised TV for the map or a projector setup, I have a projector that my wife uses for her large scale murals that is available for use. And as long as it's fairly dim it's okay, and my game room can be closed off for light pollution.

Anker makes some nice equipment in general, and they have a series of conference microphones I'm looking at for picking up the in-person conversations.

Does anyone else have setups and equipment they like?

Blog Entries
    Pricey, but had some mixed meetings recetnly using an Owl. Best experience I've had. Maybe their are lower priced alternatives? Meeting Owl 3 - 360 Degree, 1080p HD Video Conference Camera (owllabs.com)

I've tried a few different mics. Have yet to find one that always works.

What I've done normally is to have one player share their screen to a TV on the wall via shared laptop. Usually one player controls all the local PCs, but have also used a wireless (logitech) keyboard with touchpad for mouse.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I gamed last year with one remote player. I had a TV at the end of the table - upright, that we show the remote player on. No reason why this couldn't display multiple remote players.

We used Zoom, but any video conferencing solution would work.

Single microphone in the middle of the table: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Wide angle webcam on top of the TV showing the remote people, to get most of the people around the table: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just had some normal computer speakers set either side of the TV showing the remote people.

Then I had a large flat-screen TV laying flat on the table for the local players to see shared images and maps, which was connected as a player instance to FG and the local players had a mouse so they could move tokens. The remote player used FGU.

It worked pretty well.
    Last edited by Trenloe; July 17th, 2023 at 20:23.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

We have the Owl for the library conference rooms. They work well both video and audio.
    We do not stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing.

www.islandkingdoms.org

The Owl2 isn't horrible and can probably be found cheaper than the newer Owl3.
    We tried a hybrid format two years ago and had mega issues with microphone and speaker placement causing loops. Test that out thoroughly before going live! Using a device like an Owl would probably cut down on a lot of that. Unfortunately for our game, that's one device I cannot "borrow" from the office.

Quote Originally Posted by rigerco View Post
    We tried a hybrid format two years ago and had mega issues with microphone and speaker placement causing loops. Test that out thoroughly before going live!
    Yeah, it can be a big issue. That's one of the reasons why I used Zoom for my setup - as that is very good at cancelling background noise and feedback - even when you have speakers and a wide area pickup mic.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information