5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

LAN Connectivity Issues with 4.4

LAN Connectivity Issues with 4.4.
    Everyone updated successfully
    They get connected then loose connection after a couple minutes
    Note we didn't have any issues last week.
    This is a Private Network, everyone is connecting to my Wireless Router.

There were no changes to code for the networking layer in this release; so it might be the fact that the program updated and something on the network or machine is blocking or throttling the connection.

If it's all the players, then it's most likely something on the GM machine and/or the router that is throttling or blocking connections. Look at any flood protection, throttling, quality of service, parental control, SPI filtering, or similar settings.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    There were no changes to code for the networking layer in this release; so it might be the fact that the program updated and something on the network or machine is blocking or throttling the connection.

If it's all the players, then it's most likely something on the GM machine and/or the router that is throttling or blocking connections. Look at any flood protection, throttling, quality of service, parental control, SPI filtering, or similar settings.

Regards,
    JPG
    I think it's one of the extension...cleared out about half of them...and once I did that it stopped disconnecting them...This is the part I hate...as finding out which mod is the culprit is like finding a needle in a hay stack...As these extension have been stable before 4.4.

Note nothing has changed on the network or GM Machine/Network (my machine and network). No new extensions. The only thing that changed was 4.4 FGU. One of my extensions doesn't like 4.4. Nothing in my log or client logs to give us an idea on why the disconnect.
    Last edited by houseofdexter; June 16th, 2023 at 06:06.

Blog Entries
    Lots changed in 4.4 It's a pretty safe assumption that some extensions are broken. You'll need to check on each one if it has not been updated. I know we played without extensions this past Wednesday because of this (the DM updated so we all had to).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by houseofdexter View Post
    I think it's one of the extension...cleared out about half of them...and once I did that it stopped disconnecting them...This is the part I hate...as finding out which mod is the culprit is like finding a needle in a hay stack...As these extension have been stable before 4.4.

Note nothing has changed on the network or GM Machine/Network (my machine and network). No new extensions. The only thing that changed was 4.4 FGU. One of my extensions doesn't like 4.4. Nothing in my log or client logs to give us an idea on why the disconnect.
    It's definitely the risk we take when using extensions. Fortunately our community usually do an excellent job stomping the bugs out. If you do figure it out, I hope you might contact the extension author. The half and half elimination mode of isolating the problematic extension is the way to go, you had the right idea.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Thread Information