5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Custom NPC not showing ATK in CT

I created a new custom NPC and dragged the spells in and things look good. The CT picks up spell save DC. However, it is not picking up spell attacks and shows a +0 when it should be a +5 and should be based on Charisma. It is somehow picking up the spell DC is based on charisma and that shows correctly. How do I remedy this?

Nevermind. I figured it out. Wouldn't you know right after I posted this.

You have to put "+6 to hit" in parentheses. (+6 to hit)

I still don't know how it knew to use Char for the spell save DC though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Dog View Post
    I created a new custom NPC and dragged the spells in and things look good. The CT picks up spell save DC. However, it is not picking up spell attacks and shows a +0 when it should be a +5 and should be based on Charisma. It is somehow picking up the spell DC is based on charisma and that shows correctly. How do I remedy this?
    You do really need to provide some more info - ruleset at a minimum.
    If you can also export the NPC xml that could help.

5e.

I figured out the spell attack. How do I make sure the CT picks up the correct spell save DC? The CT has it correct for three spells but one other has an incorrect DC.

Sorry for all the messages. I think I am figuring it out, though.

I am attempting to create an NPC version of a warlock. The tricky thing here is that warlocks all upcast their spells: that is, all their spells are cast at, say, 3rd level. So I am dragging the spells into the NPC sheet and manually changing the damage in that text field to what it should be. But I just realized that something, FGU or an extension, is adding the spell again into the text description of the field and I am not able to edit that portion. So, let's say I edit in my spell field that Toll the Dead does 2d8 damage, FGU is importing the spell text again which I cannot change and it is showing 1d8 damage. It is this uneditable section that gets picked up in the CT. I'll check to see if this is some extension doing this.
    warlock.jpg

Blog Entries
    You'll find this part; 5E Effects for Advanced Automation - Fantasy Grounds Customer Portal - Confluence (atlassian.net)
    And everything else on that page very helpful.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Mr Entrails,

I appreciate the reply but I think you are missing my point and I am probably not explaining the situation well.

I add the spell to the NPC sheet. It is populated correctly. Since this is an NPC and not a character that levels, I edit the text so that it only includes the damage needed. Say the NPC is akin to a fifth level warlock, the damage of witch bolt increases.

However, something is adding the spell again to the NPC sheet and I am unable to edit it. And the CT is using the information from this added text which I cannot edit and so the CT is now cluttered with text about if witch bolt is such-and-such level do x-damage, of such-and-such level do z-damage, etc.

See the image. The blue circle is my edit to the spell. The red circle is the spell being added again and I cannot edit it and so the CT shows the figure in the red circle instead. Why is it doubling the spell text/info and the second spell tex/info unable to be edited?

witch.jpg

witch2.jpg
    Last edited by Tooting Dog; May 3rd, 2023 at 03:05.

I think I found it! The Equipped Effects extension is adding the spell again. Unfortunately, it adds the spell to the NPC sheet in a way that you cannot edit it and the CT picks up on this uneditible version. I think I have it all figured out. Thanks for putting up with me!

Still one problem. The CT is auto-populating saves for spells but not for innate/cantrip spells. See image.

witch3.jpg

Well, don't I have complete egg on my face. You can delete this thread! It took me time to compare things in FGU for syntax and such. Anyhow, I have to create an innate spellcasting trait for saves. Spellcasting doesn't cover it. Got it! I'll go for an Intel boost when I next level up! Thanks!

Thread Information