DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Primitve View Post
    I am playing in a game hosted on FGU and I've ran into this issue where I disconnect a significant amount per session (at least 10 times per a 3/4 hour session). I've been dealing with this issue for months. I suspect it might have something to do with my location relative to the DM. Other players in the campaign are all located in close proximity but I've been out of state. Ever since I've moved states I also noticed the frequency which I crash has increased (although the distance I am from the host is less than it was previously). I feel like my internet connection is pretty decent (can download a 100 gb in less than 20 minutes, although I don't know a good site to test my speed) so I'm really not sure what is going on. Is there anything I could do to reduce or stop the amount of times I crash?

Logs are attached.
    Are you plugged into an ethernet cable or via wirelessly? Wireless can be problematic and often less bandwidth availability.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    In some instances with some ISPs you need to also go to their website and sign in to that in order to switch off certain security settings.
    This was an issue for me for awhile. Cox, along with other ISPs call it "Advanced Security" and as Mr. Z says, has to be controlled via their website. More info Comcast, XFinity, Cox and Shaw Communications Users - Important (fantasygrounds.com)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I have been using Verizon's "mynetworksettings.com" website in order to access these options although unfortunately I'm unable to find a setting resembling DoS protection or flood control. Are there any other names synonymous with this setting?

Quote Originally Posted by Laerun View Post
    Are you plugged into an ethernet cable or via wirelessly? Wireless can be problematic and often less bandwidth availability.
    Wireless because wired unfortunately is not an option in my household. I don't believe bandwidth availability to be the issue though, besides disconnecting in FGU I otherwise have a great connection when it comes to download speeds, high quality streaming, etc.
    Last edited by Primitve; April 25th, 2023 at 23:28.

FG tends to have high-burst traffic, especially when players join a session (both for GM and players), GM shares images, or rolls are being performed. There are several types of systems that can impact high-burst traffic (such as QoS, DDoS, throttling, etc.).

Other settings noted in our Network Troubleshooting wiki:

* Routers
    IDS/IPS firewalls
    Exfiltration protection
    Ad or image filtering
    Parental controls

* Local Machine
    Firewalls (check for blocks; or clear all and let firewall rebuild)
    Antivirus (check for quarantine)
    Ad Blockers
    Parental Controls
    VPN (if using one already, try turning it off)

Additionally, you can try:
    * Try another machine on the same network to see if issue is for the machine or for the local network.
    * Temporarily using a wired connection for troubleshooting (by physically moving machine next to router; or using another more portable machine)
    * Connect machine wireless through cell phone hot spot to test whether issue is local network or wireless signal quality
    * Use VPN on GM and player machine (helpful to test if certain settings/programs might be interfering, since VPN data is encrypted)

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Primitve View Post
    I have been using Verizon's "mynetworksettings.com" website in order to access these options although unfortunately I'm unable to find a setting resembling DoS protection or flood control. Are there any other names synonymous with this setting?

Wireless because wired unfortunately is not an option in my household. I don't believe bandwidth availability to be the issue though, besides disconnecting in FGU I otherwise have a great connection when it comes to download speeds, high quality streaming, etc.
    Have you tried talking to Verizon support? They should be able to help you find the setting if there is one.

Thread Information