DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Can Players create shortcut pins?

Can a player create a shortcut pin? My players want to annotate their maps with notes. Since FGU doesn't support text onto graphics (boo - when will this feature finally be added?) they draw a note using the paint tool. It always looks awful. It would be great if they could create an entry in the Notes tool on the right and just drag the associated shield onto the map to create a shortcut. Easy peasy. I know I can do this as a DM and I can even toggle from a Red pin (DM eyes only) to a Green pin (visible to all) but I can't get to work as a player. Is there some toggle that I have to uncheck? Am I missing something? Cheers - Mike!

Welcome to the forums.

No, players can't add pins to a map; only the DM can do that. As you say you can share pins that you have created; so you could pin the notes that the players make and share the pin.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Ah well. I'll work in concert with the players to create shareable pins on demand. But wouldn't that be a great feature for a future build? (Or barring that, implementing a text editor/layer within either the PAINT or DRAW tools). Thanks for the quick response in any case. You guys are uber quick.

Blog Entries
    There is a link in Mr. Z's signature to the Wish List. That's the place the devs request we put feature enhancements. If it's not already there, you are encouraged to add the idea.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

You can add your vote to the existing wish list item too:
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=135907

JPG

Blog Entries
    Its not perfect but ,you can drag a players note to the map for them and share it.
    If you use Player Agency then you could drag a place or group or person etc onto map and share and they can all add notes to that record.

Thread Information