Fantasy Grounds Merchandise

Help with monster AC

I am using adventure path monsters in my game, and have run into a scenario I am not sure how to make work. Basically during an encounter that I want to make a little harder for the players but adding 3 or 4 point of AC to the monster, I cannot get it to work. I add the monster to the combat tracker and map. I pull the monster up and click on the lock to unlock the creature and change the AC to what I want then lock the monster again. When the players attack the creature though, it uses its old AC and not the new one that I have changed it to. I figure I am missing a step. Any help is appreciated.

Make sure you edit the NPC in the combat tracker - not the original NPC from the bestiary/adventure. Once a NPC is in the combat tracker the data is local to the CT and specific to that record and the AC data is parsed out when the NPC is added to the CT. So if you have 5 goblins in the combat tracker you'll need to click the shield button at the top to show the defenses for all in the CT and adjust directly in the CT AC fields - or you can adjust the AC of the base NPC before adding to the combat tracker.
    Last edited by Trenloe; April 5th, 2022 at 21:42.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I currently click to add the encounter to the combat tracker, then open each monster (from the combat tracker) that I want to adjust and increase the ac from there. Then I close the monster and run the encounter (all from the combat tracker). When the players attack, it uses the old ac and not the new one. I even open the monster up again from the combat tracker and it will show the higher ac, but the chat log shows that the player hit the monsters lower ac. I have not tried adjusting the ac of the base npc before adding to the combat tracker yet. I notice I can increase the hit points of the creature and it works, just not the ac.

Please see my edited response above - change the AC directly in the CT. Reveal the AC field (and other defense fields) by clicking the shield button at the top of the CT.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Just got home and now I understand what you put. I found the shield button (which I never knew was there) and it worked. Thank you Trenloe for solving this, I appreciate your help.

Thread Information