STAR TREK 2d20

Demoralize Opponent - Intimidation check - how to code / if possible?

Hi fellas
    Is there a way to "code" as an effect the Demoralize Opponent use of the Intimidation skill? My Rogue now has Dazzling Display and wanna use it. So far the opponents have to roll individual saves and I have to manually check. Is there a way to automate it kind of like a spell?

Quote Originally Posted by Ibrene View Post
    Hi fellas
    Is there a way to "code" as an effect the Demoralize Opponent use of the Intimidation skill? My Rogue now has Dazzling Display and wanna use it. So far the opponents have to roll individual saves and I have to manually check. Is there a way to automate it kind of like a spell?
    Skill checks are purely manual right now, the only "automation" may be in the party sheet; there you can enter a DC for a skill check and the value is checked against that. But not more than that

Quote Originally Posted by Ibrene View Post
    Hi fellas
    Assuming you are talking about Pathfinder 1E, opponents don't get a save against intimidation. It's calculated as a simple DC check for the person performing the intimidation. https://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/intimidate
    "The DC of this check is equal to 10 + the target’s Hit Dice + the target’s Wisdom modifier."

Granted, that doesn't help you if there isn't automation available regarding performing skill checks, but I just wanted to point out to my understanding of 1E rules, there is no opponent saving throw for intimidation. (Either that or I've been playing my Enforcer Monk wrong all this this time.)

Cheers,
    Brian
    Last edited by MostTornBrain; March 12th, 2022 at 17:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Skill checks are purely manual right now, the only "automation" may be in the party sheet; there you can enter a DC for a skill check and the value is checked against that. But not more than that
    Is anyone working on backporting or implementing something like the VsDC feature in the PFRPG2 ruleset? I haven't yet looked at how it was done there, but the description of it seems like what would be needed to do things like support intimidation checks.

Cheers,
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by MostTornBrain View Post
    Is anyone working on backporting or implementing something like the VsDC feature in the PFRPG2 ruleset? I haven't yet looked at how it was done there, but the description of it seems like what would be needed to do things like support intimidation checks.

Cheers,
    Brian
    Actually, I am looking at that I have here and there some small things already achieved, but nothing major; it is difficult to find time for it due to my profession, but in some sense I am doing it. I will release it in five years or so, lol

(The background of that is that I am using a homebrew system, Tome of Prowess, which heavily changes the skill system; so, already for my own campaign I need to write scripts for the skill stuff. Hence, the sooner I can finally run my campaign, the sooner I can also look at such things )

Yep, PF1ed. I'm familiar with how the intimidate check works so your Enforcer Monk is all good, ha ha. Would be a nifty thing with an extension to help out. It's no biggie manually doing it, but if it was automated in some way it would be .. dare I say it... "elegant".

Thread Information