5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Doors that become walls

Hello, I recently experienced a problem with the LoS. In a map where I correctly set all the doors, they became walls in the following playing session (all blue lines are now red). I have no idea of the reasons... and unfortunately that happened several times on different maps. It happened with D&D 5e ruleset on a Win10 computer.
    Has somebody else ecountered the same problem?
    Thanks
    Last edited by azamboni; March 2nd, 2022 at 00:13.

Blog Entries
    I haven't heard any reports of this recently. Maybe there was something many months ago. Can you duplicate? With no extensions? There's a link in my signature with more details on how to investigate bugs and data useful in reporting them.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thank you very much for your help. Actually I use no extensions and I wasn't able to understand a specific cause of my problem... simply it happens sometime. I only use D&D 5e ruleset so I don't know if this problem is related to this specific ruleset or not.
    What I see is that when I open a map could happen that each door/terrain/etc. is no more present and a wall is its place. I usually import a battlemap as a .jpeg file and than I add walls (red line), doors (blue line), terrains (green lines), etc. What I experienced is that walls are always "stable" while any other type of item is prone to became a wall. In other words, any line shift to red (red=wall).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Can you get it to happen consistently on a specific room after reloading the session? (/reload)
    If so, can you jot down the steps you followed exactly, so we can try to recreate here.

I haven't heard this issue before; so it's possibly related to the specific way you are creating or defining the line-of-sight objects.

Note: If you Control+mouse click on an line-of-sight blocker type in the image data panel, it will convert any LoS blocker path with selected points into that LoS blocker type. I just mention in case this is part of what is happening.

Regards,
    JPG

I have probably just found the cause of the problem. When I launch FGU it is always the Ultimate version 4.0.10.... I updated it hundereds of times but that is the version I see when I simply double click on the FGU icon on the desktop. Then if I "check for update" even without any real update (i.e. no download) it switchs to Ultimate 4.1.13.
    BUT if I forget to update and load my campaign as v4.0.10, any maps is permanently changed with only walls as LoS blokers.

Blog Entries
    Huh, weird.
    I created a new 5E campaign, imported an image, added walls, doors, windows, and terrain. I can't get it to misbehave. Can you try opening this campaign (after unzipping an placing in your campaigns folder) and see if you can get the error to happen on the map "Cottage"? Also, can you do something similar, attach a campaign that this has happened to? (If possible, it would even be better if you could capture the campaign before and after and attach the logs for both.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Sounds like you have two installs and your shortcut is pointing to an older install.

Doors turning into walls is something that happened a long time ago (maybe even in early Alpha) when Maps with Line of sight were opened in FG and then the campaign was transferred to Unity (or something similar to that - it was a long time ago but I remember it happening).

Make sure you only have one install and refresh your shortcut to point to the correct one.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Mr. Z has got you. Search your computer for fantasygrounds.exe to find where you have the two installs.

Thank you so much! Now it's ok.

Thread Information