STAR TREK 2d20

No Manual Dice Entry if dice expression is used in a roll

Hi there,
    I'm working on a ruleset where I use dice expressions to build rolls before I hand them over to CoreRPG. This works nicely. However, if I use a dice expression no dice appear in the "Manual Dice Entry" window. In addition, if such a roll is dropped on the Dice Tower, the expression doesn't seem to be evaluated and all dice are being rolled, none are dropped.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Manual Dice Entry is for people who want to use real dice rather than an RNG computer dice. The box is for entering the physical roll results.

It is also used if you want to tweak a roll as GM. But as you can see on the screenshot, no dice show up at all so not even a manual roll can be entered.

Blog Entries
    So this works correctly on Live but you are seeing this error on the Test channel?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

All channels. It's certainly nothing which needs immediate fixing and it was not introduced by the current beta.

Blog Entries
    Ok, I moved this to the House of Healing since it's not related to the public beta/Test channel build.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Dice expressions are not currently supported in the full actions system in the CoreRPG layer for multiple reasons, including manual roll support. It's on my list to look at in the future, but not currently scheduled. It will require APIs to rebuild dice lists from dice expressions (and vice versa) that currently don't exist, because they haven't been needed to this point.

You can still implement similar behaviors in your Lua scripts without dice expressions; and output whatever you want to chat message output. (i.e. 5E ADV/DIS, etc.)

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information