DICE PACKS BUNDLE

How do I label rooms when building a map?

I am in the process of improving the Candelkeep Mysteries campaign for my own personal use. I purchased the FGU campaign from FG and while reading it, I find that farther on in the stories, it mentions going back to one of the earlier rooms.

For instance, in The Joy of Extradimensional Spaces, the Foyer and Hallway of Fistandia's Mansion is area M1. I know this because that is what it says on the DM map. I would like to put these letter/number combinations on my player map but only have the DM see them.

I know that there are Letter Tokens in the Assets button, but they are only single letters. WoTC has Fistandandia's mansion with letter/numbers from M1 to M19 while in Book of the Raven, Chalet Brantifax has rooms from C1 to C17.

Is there a way to do this in FGU with tokens so that only I (the DM) can see them?

Thank You,

Mike LaPointe

Blog Entries
    Eh... You can put an image asset (your label) by stamping it on a layer and then make that layer visible to only the GM. That will get you what you want, but its not how I navigate maps myself.

But I wouldn't bother myself, not very useful. Instead, put a link to the story on the player map. When you hover over that pin, it will give you the story name, which if you preface with the map code (M1) then it will give it to you. Though this doesn't help much if you are searching a big map and don't know where the code/room is. Also, to improve navigation, you can put a link in the the story for places (other stories) that are referenced. I often put a section at the bottom of my story entries titled "Links" or "See Also".

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

For large maps with lots of rooms I create a single paint layer named "Map Key" and select a color that is easily visible. I then hand draw the room to matches the number on the DMs map. I then set the layer to GM only viewing.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Thread Information