DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 17 of 18 First ... 715161718 Last
    You'll have to post the effect you are using

Does someone have an idea for a Blade Barrier line? Can I use a wall token and put something like this on it? Blade Barrier; AURA: 5 cube; DMGO: 6d10 slashing

If you use Better Combat Effects. Make multiple Proxy tokens and line them up to create a wall.

Code:
    Blade Barrier; (C); AURA: 5 all,cube,single,red; ($) Blade Barrier; IF: FACTION (!none); SAVEA: [SDC] DEX (H)(M); SAVES: [SDC] DEX (H)(M); SAVEDMG: 6d10 slashing,magic
    Last edited by rhagelstrom; February 18th, 2024 at 19:39.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Zardoz4 View Post
    Does someone have an idea for a Blade Barrier line? Can I use a wall token and put something like this on it? Blade Barrier; AURA: 5 cube; DMGO: 6d10 slashing
    What is the wording of the spell/feature extactly?

Is this 5E Blade Barrier?

Spell - Blade Barrier

Level: 6 Evocation

Casting Time: 1 action
    Range: 90 feet
    Components: V, S
    Duration: Concentration, up to 10 minutes

You create a vertical wall of whirling, razor-sharp blades made of magical energy. The wall appears within range and lasts for the duration. You can make a straight wall up to 100 feet long, 20 feet high, and 5 feet thick, or a ringed wall up to 60 feet in diameter, 20 feet high, and 5 feet thick. The wall provides three-quarters cover to creatures behind it, and its space is difficult terrain.

When a creature enters the wall's area for the first time on a turn or starts its turn there, the creature must make a Dexterity saving throw. On a failed save, the creature takes 6d10 slashing damage. On a successful save, the creature takes half as much damage.

Source: Cleric

I don't know a solution for a wall, you can put a ton of tokens down each with the same effect on them 5', cube, with single and setting the NPC token holder down as a none faction. (It wouldn't affect correctly for someone using height over 5' which the spell works up to 20')

Code:
    Blade Barrier; (C); AURA: 5 all, cube, single; ($) Blade Barrier AoE; IF: FACTION(!none); SAVEA: [SDC] DEX (M)(H); SAVES: [SDC] DEX (M)(H); SAVEDMG: 6d10 slashing, magic
    Last edited by MrDDT; February 18th, 2024 at 19:57. Reason: added damage as magic

Yes, 5e Version. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebitten View Post
    Hello, i have an problem when using this ext, when Appling something to a foe, it keeps applied the same effect every time the token moves and stacks the effect anyone who knows why?
    Give us the code you are using.

A screen shot of the effect in the actions tab would also be helpful.

Hi again, i was testing again different exts and now i see what ext has conflict with aura effect. It was the Kelrugem´s extension with the flat footed effect on initiative. When i disable the ext, works.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...m-s-extensions

Hello, firstly, thank you very much for this very awesome extension.

I'm coding up some effects for spells and have noticed that several 5e spells are worded to take effect when entering an area for the first time on a turn or ENDING a turn in the area. It's kind of the opposite end of the "single" function.

Can AURAs do this? Did I miss something in the documentation?

So far, I've just been doing an AURA that does the END of turn portion, but the entering the area of effect requires a manual (non-aura) based effect because I have been unable to find a way that makes AURA take effect when entering the area of effect, but NOT when STARTING a turn in the area.

Thank you for your time.

Some example spells and my current solutions for reference:
    Grease: "...When the grease appears, each creature standing in its area must succeed on a Dexterity saving throw or fall prone. A creature that enters the area or ends its turn there must also succeed on a Dexterity saving throw or fall prone."
    Insect Plague: "...When the area appears, each creature in it must make a Constitution saving throw. A creature takes 4d10 piercing damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one. A creature must also make this saving throw when it enters the spell's area for the first time on a turn or ends its turn there."
    Create Bonfire: "...Any creature in the bonfire's space when you cast the spell must succeed on a Dexterity saving throw or take 1d8 fire damage. A creature must also make the saving throw when it moves into the bonfire's space for the first time on a turn or ends its turn there."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Farratto; Yesterday at 20:26. Reason: add picture

Thread Information