DICE PACKS BUNDLE

RMC: unable to resolve a weapon attack of a creature

Hi,
    I just bought RMC (and RM Companion I).
    I loaded all the base rulesets (Arms Law, Character Law and Spell Law) and no extension; when I click to resolve a weapon attack of a creature (against another creature) unfortunately it says in the chat "ERROR: Unable to find attack table"

See the screeshot below:
    rmc.png

What's wrong?!

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    Hi,
    I just bought RMC (and RM Companion I).
    I loaded all the base rulesets (Arms Law, Character Law and Spell Law) and no extension; when I click to resolve a weapon attack of a creature (against another creature) unfortunately it says in the chat "ERROR: Unable to find attack table"

See the screeshot below:
    rmc.png

What's wrong?!
    Did you attack with 'Weapon'?

That is just a place holder. It is a generic weapon, not tied to any specific type of weapon, so there is no attack table for it.

If you drag a weapon (from Items) to the NPC entry (like say a Short Sword), then update the OB, it should work.

EDIT: You'll need to make a copy of the Hobgoblin entry in C&T before you can add the Short Sword.

To make a copy, drag the NPC and drop it into the same window again.

Then unlock it.

Drag the Short Sword (or whatever weapon you might want).

Last edited by Sulimo; July 2nd, 2021 at 03:14.

Blog Entries
    When you see the little spreadsheet symbol with the red line through it, that indicates the attack is not connected to a table for the Resolver to reference.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Sulimo View Post
    Did you attack with 'Weapon'?

That is just a place holder. It is a generic weapon, not tied to any specific type of weapon, so there is no attack table for it.

If you drag a weapon (from Items) to the NPC entry (like say a Short Sword), then update the OB, it should work.

EDIT: You'll need to make a copy of the Hobgoblin entry in C&T before you can add the Short Sword.

To make a copy, drag the NPC and drop it into the same window again.

Then unlock it.
    Thank you Sulimo (and JohnD)!
    It looks a bit awkward: this means that I have to make at least one copy for each monster with a weapon in the bestiary and put a weapon on it. Couldn't it be more easy to have a default weapon for every monster (for example: dagger for goblin, scimitar for orc etc), just ready for working without any additional operations?

Hi Galdor,

The issue with a default is everyone will have a different opinion on what that default should be and if it doesn't end up being what you think it should be then it will require the same process. I do plan on adding a feature where it prompts the GM so they can decide when there are generic attacks associated with a creature. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Dakadin
    Rolemaster Classic for FG Wish List - http://rm4fg.idea.informer.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    The issue with a default is everyone will have a different opinion on what that default should be and if it doesn't end up being what you think it should be then it will require the same process.
    Thank u Dakadin!
    With a default weapon the process could be: it depends on a choice of the user. A user could also choose to save time and don't make any adjustment.
    Without a default weapon (as actually is) the process must necessarly be: it always requires time

Hi Galdor,

You can get around it always requiring time by making a copy of the NPC and then using that from that point after you make your changes. Basically, open the NPCs sidebar window and find the NPC you want to modify. Drag the link and drop it somewhere else in the window. You will see another copy not associated with Creatures & Treasures. Modify that to what you want it to be. If you want to use it in other campaign then you can just export those NPCs you copied and modified. Then you could load that module in another campaign so the initial setup of each creature with the default you want is the only time it has to happen. Please let me know if you have any questions about it.

Thanks,
    Dakadin
    Rolemaster Classic for FG Wish List - http://rm4fg.idea.informer.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    You can get around it always requiring time by making a copy of the NPC and then using that from that point after you make your changes.
    Yes, but the very important difference is that in other rulesets the NPCs (who could use a weapon) have already a weapon equipped (which you may change or not).

As I wrote you, with a default weapon the change process could be done: it depends on a choice of the user. A user could also choose to save time and don't make any adjustment. Or the user could like the weapon associated and stay with it.
    Without a default weapon (as actually RMC is) the change process must necessarly be done, and it is always time-consuming..

Galdor before asking for a bunch of changes I recommend playing it for a while first.

The rolemaster ruleset will never be as automated as you would like, as explained why in a previous post. Also a huge amount of work has gone into this by Dakadin, to get it where it even is now.

There is nothing stopping you from grabbing every creature making a copy and making your own creature mod list with weapons that you want to be included as default. I always when I play add the creature as a copy to my campaign npc list and add weapons to it that is specific to the campaign.

Also there is atleast 100 weapons, each weapon adds the uniqueness to the campaign. you can make Orcs run around with tridents, or Trolls with shortbows, it really depends on you. Sometimes you just need to do a bit of prep work.
    Last edited by Ardem; July 9th, 2021 at 03:37.
    ------------------
    Ardem

Discord: Ardem#4756
    Teamspeak Server: ts3.varidan.com.au
    Ultimate Licencse: FGC/FGU

Campaign Currently Running: Greenbrook Rolemaster FRP (Weekly Wednesday 8.00pm-11.00pm), YouTube Stream

Game/Ruleset created: Extinction Event
    Extensions created: Rolemaster FRP, XP Extension, Random Extension

Thread Information