STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

RMC XP Extension

Back by popular demand (more demand then the FRP module it seems )

hahaha

Is the XP extension that I stripped out from FRP taking me all of 30 minutes. Compare to FRP that took weeks grumble grumble grumble.

Just kidding guys have fun.

Installation

To install, download, and put into your extension folder in fantasy grounds. (It will overwrite the old one)

XPExtension 2.1.1
    XPExtension
    Last edited by Ardem; May 28th, 2020 at 03:16.

Nice!

Yeah, babee! Woot!

Thank you Ardem for doing this, unfortunately when I loaded it up I got some errors. The first error is what came up when loading in to the game itself. The 2nd and 3rd error came up when trying to open a character sheet.

XPExtErrors.JPG

Xen

OK you forced me to download FGU to test this out, I hate you. What a piece of blurry crap that was.

Never tested RMFRP or XP for FGU, because it not finished and still a work in progress, so felt I never had too.

However because I am the magnanimous type, I suffered the experience read the error resolved the error it seem FGU is not as forgiving as classic when it comes to formatting. "FU - FGU" and resolved the issue well atleast on my opening of FGU.

Feel free to download 2.1.1. I hate FGU it made me add another number to a simple extension.

# The above statement is all made tongue in cheek, please do not get any panties twisted.
    Last edited by Ardem; May 28th, 2020 at 03:54.

...wait for i-i-it.
    It’ll probably change within a day and void it all.
    FGU can wait.

Thank you again Ardem, us FGU folks appreciate your work! I did however spot this in console. Sorry. XPExtWarnings.JPG
    Almost forgot to add, those errors appear each time I click back in to the XP tab. Everything else appears to be working.

And Majyk, hold your cursing tongue! lol
    Last edited by Xen; May 28th, 2020 at 19:46. Reason: Forgot to add how to reproduce warnings

Those warning are not a big deal, seen them before will fix it later.

I am not a profound programming connoisseur, nor the Rolemaster, but seeing the extension I would like to clarify some doubts
    In the example line of the points. Foe is____ (example)
    Shouldn't the ____ field be fillable?
    Now another question when I shoot an A critic on a Large creature do I score on Norm or just Large and the value I place on it is how many times I took that critic or the difference from Foe is____?
    If it is possible to put a number field and link it to the critics
    Example: Foe is 5. I hit a C critic, then 5 times from Foe is + 1 time from critic C = Total XP?

No because it a manual entry below. That was just some txt to remind the players that you take the Creature level and minus the player level and that is the number of points you add in the field. This was one of the first addon I ever created so the automation was very minimal.

A for Normal, Large , it would be Large, and it would be normal or solo on a creature that was not large or super large dependant on how many were engaging the target.

As for you example, I suppose you could do that but since it simple maths it would be longer then just putting 5 in the C Critical section. Also some GM do not tell the player what the level of the beast was, so some players just add 1 extra pont per critical, GM balances this with quest points.

But I am happy for a redesign if someone can come up with a better way.
    ------------------
    Ardem

Discord: Ardem#4756
    Teamspeak Server: ts3.varidan.com.au
    Ultimate Licencse: FGC/FGU

Campaign Currently Running: Greenbrook Rolemaster FRP (Weekly Wednesday 8.00pm-11.00pm), YouTube Stream

Game/Ruleset created: Extinction Event
    Extensions created: Rolemaster FRP, XP Extension, Random Extension

Anyone else getting the following error on launch with this extension?

[1/4/2022 11:21:18 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/introtext.lua"]:5: attempt to call field 'registerLaunchMessage' (a nil value)

I am guessing that the ChatManager.registerLaunchMessage(msg) got changed along with a bunch of the other manager calls a while back, but I am not certain.

Thread Information