STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Where is my campaign? O.o

So since today marks the end of support for FGC, I finally decided to try and switch to Unity. And... nope. Nope nope nope. Looks like my entire data set is non-existing. Or rather:

Images have been moved to the asset thingie so it goes (maps, portraits, tokens, and other shareable images) but what about the rest?

I purchased FGC back in 2016 and since then I've been scripting things over things since all of my campaigns are set in the same world (so I went to script monsters, feats, spells, notes, tables, NPCs, Characters, calendar data, moons...) and they are totally non-existing. No characters, no monsters, no tables... nothing.

I copied the whole campagin folder but there's nothing. I mean, nothing. I open the "characters" tab and it's empty. Same for notes, tables, NPCs...

Things I tried:

1) copied the WHOLE FGC folder in FGU and let it update/repair just in case some files were wrong.
    2) checked if I have any read only or hidden folder (well, it DOES spot images in its folders so...)
    3) reinstall FGU from scratch "just in case"

Now I'm thinking of sacrificing virgins to my Lord, but it's so rare to find some nowadays :F

I just don't want to waste 5 years of data if I want to switch to Unity :/ please help 😢

Normally, you'd only have to copy the campaign from the FGC path to the new FGU path.

Default, old path:
    C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds\campaigns\<campaign name>

Default, new path:
    C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fan tasy Grounds\campaigns\<campaign name>

From what you've written it seeems like you can at least open the campaign. Can you post a screenshot of the (FGU path) campaign's folder content? If everything is empty, maybe your database file got simply corrupted.
    Last edited by Zarestia; June 24th, 2021 at 18:00. Reason: symbol

FGC: C:\Users\Tharivol\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds

FGU: C:\Users\Tharivol\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fanta sy Grounds Unity

I can open the campaign, but it's empty (save for images in the assets thingie), but nothing else is. No data at all. Characters, NPCs, monsters, feats, spells, notes, calendar entries (heck, calendar in general)...

Yeah, please post a screenshot of the folder content where your campaign resides.

Should look like this campaign folder.JPG

Blog Entries
    Have you followed the instructions here? https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ampaign-to-FGU

Don't copy the whole application folder, that won't work. Make sure you can create and start a brand new campaign in FGU first to make sure things are wokring. Then do the steps in my link. If that doesn't work, then provide details and screen shots.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Like this?

folder.png

LordEntrails, I did all of that but it doesn't work. It used to work at first (around.. march?), but thenI completely disregarded Unity in favor for Classic (since Unity is still extremely slow on my pc). Today I learned about FGC stoppage of support and decided to try out things... copied my campaign folders in FGU, ran the program and boom, nothing

panels.png

Please open the campaigns directory in your screenshot and provide a screenshot of the contents of that directory.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

campaign.png

And this is should you ask for what's inside my own "campaign" folder (which is that "Nome da Decidere").
    mycampaign.png

Is that image from what's in Classic or what you see in Unity?

There should be many more files called db.session.xxxxxxx.xml files than shown in your image - and I would expect them to be a bit bigger in size too.

At any rate if you look you'll see that the db.xml file is much smaller than the only session file that you see in that list. So it looks like something (possibly an extension) is causing the database file (the db.xml) to become corrupted and not open correctly in Unity. You also don't mention what ruleset you are using for your campaign so that could be another factor. Can you say what that is? And can you say whether you are using any extensions in your campaign? And did you copy those extensions over into Unity?

Can you also go into the menu at the top of the folder for your campaign and click on View and tick the show extensions option (see image below) and then screen shot the entire folder for your campaign in Classic.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

the db.session.xxxxxxx.xml are removed regularily to save space (I deleted 3 gb of files just today)

I play 3.5 and I do actually use a ton of extensions but they never gave any issue on Classic...

also, the db file that's so small is the same one but yes I now noticed when I open and load the campaign, it reverts down to 10kb or so

It shows some errors on startup but once it finishes loading I can't read'em anymore (and they're too fast for me to read)

Thread Information