5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 62 of 70 First ... 12526061626364 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    Version Update 4.5
    Fixed: PFRPG script errors and Kelrugem overlay(s) support

Let me know if you see any further issues
    Thank you soo much for the compatibility updates I really appreciate it

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I have a practical question about combining effects with Better Combat Effects to create on hit save or status effects.

Suppose I want a version of the smite iomedaean ability for The Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth in Pathfinder that is:
    Herald gets: Smite Iomedaean; IFT: CUSTOM (Iomedaean); DMG: 10; CC:99
    Target gets: Iomedaean

But in addition, on the first damage against a tagged creature in a turn that creature must succeed at a DC 27 Fort save or be staggered for 1 round. Is there a way to do that? If being only the first damage complicates it, then is there just generally a way to force a creature who takes damage to make a save or acquire a status effect or additional damage? Finally, is there a way to add a different effect if they succeed on that save? From like SAVEADD effects it looks like there should be a way to do this, but my syntax synthesis is too rudimentary I guess. :P

My group and I have run into an issue lately where after some sort of interaction in Fantasy Grounds, we can no longer apply effects to targets in the combat tracker. I have been trying to find reproducible steps and I think I have it. If you roll damage without targeting anyone so that it just displays damage in the chat window, then drag that damage to someone on the combat tracker, the error string

`[2/18/2023 1:20:36 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "BetterCombatEffects:..on_damage_dnd_bce.lua"]:51: attempt to index local 'rSource' (a nil value)`

shows up. Once that error string shows up, we can no longer apply effects to people. The damage also attempted to be applied will not apply either.

This is a 5e campaign.

Version Update: 4.6
    Fixed: Reported situation where rSource is nil where it shouldn't be. Likely another extension or ruleset bug. Log to console and fail silently
    Fixed: Some Tags without modifiers not processing
    Fixed: 5E effects with the tag LIGHT were being prevented from being disabled
    Updated DB calls for how SW wants them with the incoming update
    Added Luacheck for automated code analysis for errors/warning
    Code Formatting

Quote Originally Posted by Paperclipkiller View Post
    My group and I have run into an issue lately where after some sort of interaction in Fantasy Grounds, we can no longer apply effects to targets in the combat tracker. I have been trying to find reproducible steps and I think I have it. If you roll damage without targeting anyone so that it just displays damage in the chat window, then drag that damage to someone on the combat tracker, the error string

`[2/18/2023 1:20:36 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "BetterCombatEffects:..on_damage_dnd_bce.lua"]:51: attempt to index local 'rSource' (a nil value)`

shows up. Once that error string shows up, we can no longer apply effects to people. The damage also attempted to be applied will not apply either.

This is a 5e campaign.
    I'm not able to reproduce this but it shouldn't blow up now. I don't think rSource should ever be nil in that situation but it is. It might be another extension or some corner case in the ruleset. I log to the console if that situation happens again. I'd like to know steps to reproduce.

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    I'm not able to reproduce this but it shouldn't blow up now. I don't think rSource should ever be nil in that situation but it is. It might be another extension or some corner case in the ruleset. I log to the console if that situation happens again. I'd like to know steps to reproduce.
    I just tested it just now, and I can no longer reproduce it as of this update. If we experience this issue again, I will report with logs from the console. For now I think it is fixed, but it could be some other specific thing triggering it that I can't repro anymore. I did have a lot of extensions active then and I didn't do my due diligence by disabling those.

FWIW these were the steps that I was using to repro before:

This is all in the 5e ruleset
    1. Creature rolls damage in the Chat Window.
    2. Click and Drag damage onto target in the Combat Tracker

After doing those steps, the error would pop up and no one could apply effects to anyone anymore. My target I was applying damage to for testing had the following effects applied to it before applying the damage:

RESIST: cold, lightning, thunder
    VISMAX: 200
    Boots of Elvenkind; ADVSKILL: stealth
    Stormwind Glaive; DMG: 2d6 lightning, melee, critical
    IMMUNE: critical

I am getting issues with the STACK EFFECT in pathfinder1e
    the Issue is that if I try to apply multiple of the same stack effect to a target it just does not work.
    I am getting no error.
    have not tested it on a fresh campaign yet.

Hello. I think I have found another conflict with this extension and Soxmax's effect builder. When I have both extensions enabled in a fresh PFRPG campaign with no other extensions, certain options do not appear in the effect builder interface. At present, the "attack" option only appears if BCE is not loaded.

I just tried this extension for the first time. I'm playing Pathfinder 2e, so I stuck to the commands listed in Blue (that say they work with CoreRPG). I was really interested in the STURNRS command, that supposedly ends an effect at the start of the turn of the character that applied it, as long as the duration was currently 1 round. It simply doesn't work. I looked at the tabled examples to make sure I was applying it correctly.

Flat-footed; STURNRS
    is what I typed in (just like the stunning fist example in the table). And it didn't matter whether I had 1 round, 2 rounds, 3 rounds or whatever. The effect stayed until the 2nd character's turn in the combat tracker, and then left the character it was supposedly on.
    If this ever gets working, it'd be great. Did the recent patch break it, maybe?

I just got back into town. I'll try to get to the issues reported over the weekend sometime this week.

Thread Information