5E Character Create Playlist
Page 48 of 70 First ... 38464748495058 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Is the [-1d2] added by BCE? Usually you cannot have such effects in native FG, so, no rolled but then fixed value. But I know that you also use my Extended Automation and Overlays where this gets added However, as usual when you use square brackets in effects, you need to apply such an effect from the action tab of an (N)PC, and you need to have loaded my extension (in case BCE does not also add it), otherwise [-1d2] won't be replaced with the rolled value Or did you do it correctly?
    I use BCE and extended automations. this is what I have been testing in the actions tab (its messy due to testing)

Quasit Poi BCE.png

Quasit poison -> DC 13 Fort save. Dex -1d2 per round for 6 rounds OR until 2 saves are made.

And this is where I start getting more confused figuring out what can be used where. I am trying to sort it out and write it down. thx for the patience and timeAttachment 52668
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

Quote Originally Posted by Morenu View Post
    I use BCE and extended automations. this is what I have been testing in the actions tab (its messy due to testing)

Quasit Poi BCE.png

Quasit poison -> DC 13 Fort save. Dex -1d2 per round for 6 rounds OR until 2 saves are made.

And this is where I start getting more confused figuring out what can be used where. I am trying to sort it out and write it down. thx for the patience and timeAttachment 52668
    My knowledge of 3.5E is limited. I didn't know what MULTI: DEX:[-1d2] was. I poked around and not in the ruleset. I see you run PF Effect Removal Extension. I see that also has a tag called STACK. That extension might conflict with BCE. I still need to look at STACK and how it works in 3.5E currently, but regardless still might conflict.

Yup, good point; MULTI and STACK are from the PF Effect Removal Extension; so, it could be indeed an incompatibility with BCE, Morenu, as rhagelstrom wrote

well crud. I really like the remove command. I will turn that off and switch multi to stack and try it.
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

Is the [-1d2] added by BCE? Usually you cannot have such effects in native FG, so, no rolled but then fixed value. But I know that you also use my Extended Automation and Overlays where this gets added However, as usual when you use square brackets in effects, you need to apply such an effect from the action tab of an (N)PC, and you need to have loaded my extension (in case BCE does not also add it), otherwise [-1d2] won't be replaced with the rolled value Or did you do it correctly?
    If I do

DEX:[-1d2]

It will generate either DEX: -1 or DEX: -2 and I confirmed it gives a -1 AC effect when it totals -2 or -3

Right now, after removing PF Effect Removal Extension STACK: DEX:[-1d2] does not roll 1d2

Edit:
    I turned off PF Effect Removal Extension and and STACK: DEX:-2 does nothing (no Dex -2). The STACK note says "The option "Allow Duplicate Effects" must be set to off" but I do not see that option in the Options list, but it is allowing STACK: DEX:-2 to show up multiple times.
    Last edited by Morenu; May 6th, 2022 at 13:33.

If I do

It will generate either DEX: -1 or DEX: -2 and I confirmed it gives a -1 AC effect when it totals -2 or -3

Right now, after removing PF Effect Removal Extension STACK: DEX:[-1d2] does not roll 1d2

Edit:
    I turned off PF Effect Removal Extension and and STACK: DEX:-2 does nothing (no Dex -2). The STACK note says "The option "Allow Duplicate Effects" must be set to off" but I do not see that option in the Options list, but it is allowing STACK: DEX:-2 to show up multiple times.
    Maybe this may be another incompatibility with BCE and Extended automation and overlays If I find time, I will check this, too, but currently working a lot

Maybe this may be another incompatibility with BCE and Extended automation and overlays If I find time, I will check this, too, but currently working a lot
    no worries, let me turn off your ext and try again.

EDIT:

with Extended automation and overlays, and PF Effect Removal off:
    STACK: DEX: -2
    added multiple time to a creature with no effect

BCE STACK.png

So I think this is something with BCE and another EXT. will load up BCE by itself and try things later...

Edit 2:

So I loaded a test PFRPG server and BCE is the only ext (I turned on a few library items to make things easy)

does not work

DEX:-2
    works but does not stack (normal)

STACK: DEX:-2
    can be added to the same creature multiple times BUT the DEX:-2 is not working

tested at this point with the photo below, then added an AC-5 to just make sure the DEF EFFECT was showing (see the pic below)

BCE STACK Test.png

Hope that helps (and hopefully I am not just making a mistake and all this is unneeded)
    Last edited by Morenu; May 6th, 2022 at 19:06.

no worries, let me turn off your ext and try again.

EDIT:

with Extended automation and overlays, and PF Effect Removal off:
    STACK: DEX: -2
    added multiple time to a creature with no effect

BCE STACK.png

So I think this is something with BCE and another EXT. will load up BCE by itself and try things later...

Edit 2:

So I loaded a test PFRPG server and BCE is the only ext (I turned on a few library items to make things easy)

does not work

DEX:-2
    works but does not stack (normal)

STACK: DEX:-2
    can be added to the same creature multiple times BUT the DEX:-2 is not working

tested at this point with the photo below, then added an AC-5 to just make sure the DEF EFFECT was showing (see the pic below)

BCE STACK Test.png

Hope that helps (and hopefully I am not just making a mistake and all this is unneeded)

Looking at this it looks like you are doing STACK: instead of STACK; STACK doesn't take any parameters.
    I tested STACK out and it appears to be working as intended in my limited testing with 3.5E. So I can't reproduce without more specific information

Screen Shot 2022-05-08 at 7.17.04 AM.png

edit: I'll also say that settings param isn't there for 3.5E because 5E allows duplicates by default while 3.5E does not so that setting option doesn't apply to 3.5E.
    Last edited by rhagelstrom; May 8th, 2022 at 13:28.

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    Version update 2.37
    [...]
    Fixed CoreRPG updated broke -X from working properly
    [...]
    New issue with [Ability-X] . My original patch does not fix this either - there was some major changes in the code to capture -X in effects, but they seem to not work in 3.5e. Only modules loaded are AE and BCE (and AE because it makes easy to equip/unequip effects with items). Error is also the same if I only load BCE and pull an effect from the effect list, but then you don't see what's causing it.
    Side note: no error in BCEG (when made loadable for 3.5e). There it works with correct value.

Screenshot 2022-05-08 143332.jpg

Screenshot 2022-05-08 144000.jpg

Screenshot 2022-05-08 144538.jpg

OY ok, and this is why I want a better way to learn all this without bugging the creators..

STACK;DEX: [-1d2]

works perfectly. thank you

Thread Information