DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 40 of 70 First ... 30383940414250 ... Last
    I see. I am indeed combining quite a lot of extensions (yes, I know, I should not...) like Extended Automation, Aura Effects, Better Combat Effects, Advanced Effects, and Combat Modifier Calculation - many of them originally written for 5e and ported to 3.5e - to automate spells, abilities & feats. The description is not always exactly matching, which also has caused me some head-ache. ABILITY saves, Capitalization (or lack thereof) and missing whitespace are one common issue, so I wanted to point it out as first debug step.
    Last edited by Arnagus; February 15th, 2022 at 21:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnagus View Post
    I see. I am indeed combining quite a lot of extensions (yes, I know, I should not...) like Extended Automation, Aura Effects, Better Combat Effects, Advanced Effects, and Combat Modifier Calculation - many of them originally written for 5e and ported to 3.5e - to automate spells, abilities & feats. The description is not always exactly matching, which also has caused me some head-ache. ABILITY saves, Capitalization (or lack thereof) and missing whitespace are one common issue, so I wanted to point it out as first debug step.
    No worries, I understand you

Just a quick FYI - for BCE Gold the module explaining the modifier tags has a typo - instead of TREGENA for applying a one time regeneration to temporary hit points, it says the tag is TRGENA.

Version Update: 2.35
    Fixed - Issue with damage tags such as SDMGADDT were not working when applied to a player's PC

Quote Originally Posted by daddyogreman View Post
    Just a quick FYI - for BCE Gold the module explaining the modifier tags has a typo - instead of TREGENA for applying a one time regeneration to temporary hit points, it says the tag is TRGENA.
    Thanks I have that fixed in the next push

Effects such as SDMGADDT

Is there something special that I need to do to get this to work? Otherwise it doesn't seem to be fixed.

I also either found another bug or do not understand correctly the ability score modification syntax with [aaa-X]. The example for BCE details "Belt of Frost Giant Strength; STR: 19-X;" which should put the strength of the PC to 19. When I apply the effect (via "Advanced Effects") to a PC with strength: 10, the effect "Belt of Frost Giant Strength; STR: 9" is added. This corresponds to a bonus of +9 to strength - but not to a change of the ability strength to 10+9=19.
    Did I get this wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Arnagus View Post
    I also either found another bug or do not understand correctly the ability score modification syntax with [aaa-X]. The example for BCE details "Belt of Frost Giant Strength; STR: 19-X;" which should put the strength of the PC to 19. When I apply the effect (via "Advanced Effects") to a PC with strength: 10, the effect "Belt of Frost Giant Strength; STR: 9" is added. This corresponds to a bonus of +9 to strength - but not to a change of the ability strength to 10+9=19.
    Did I get this wrong?
    STR: 19-X
    19 is the Strength score that you want. I think here it is the Gauntlets of Ogre Power, but it could be 21 as an example for the Belt of Hill Giant Strength.

X is the Characters base strength score.

I can't seem to get Deflect Missiles to work...

Deflect Missiles; DMGR: 1d10 [MONK], [DEX],ranged,bludgeoning,piercing

DMGR works with numbers (Heavy Armor Master is fine but doesn't seem to work with dice/class/ability.

Quote Originally Posted by mattvictim View Post
    I can't seem to get Deflect Missiles to work...

Deflect Missiles; DMGR: 1d10 [MONK], [DEX],ranged,bludgeoning,piercing

DMGR works with numbers (Heavy Armor Master is fine but doesn't seem to work with dice/class/ability.
    This should be coded as

Code:
    Deflect Missiles; DMGR: 1d10, [MONK], [DEX], ranged, bludgeoning, piercing

After the 1d10 it needed a ,

Thread Information