FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 39 of 70 First ... 29373839404149 ... Last
    When a creature with one of the automatic death resistance effects or the Zombie is dropped to 0 HP they are revived but with the prone condition.Death Resistance BCE conflict.jpg
    Last edited by alvaconklin; February 6th, 2022 at 18:56.

Quote Originally Posted by alvaconklin View Post
    When a creature with one of the automatic death resistance effects or the Zombie is dropped to 0 HP they are revived but with the prone condition.
    Yep, I can see this issue.

Something I deal with when using both. Not sure anything either ext person can do but good to note.

I think that I found the conflict. It isn't a conflict per se. BCE appears to add prone to a creature dropped to 0 HP. Fantasy Grounds doesn't handle a creature dropping prone in this way. FG only adds the unconscious condition to a creature that drops to 0 HP.

Digging even deeper, if the unconscious effect is added to a creature for any reason. eg from a spell (sleep, eyebite...) the prone effect is added.
    Last edited by alvaconklin; February 6th, 2022 at 19:41.

Quote Originally Posted by alvaconklin View Post
    I think that I found the conflict. It isn't a conflict per se. BCE appears to add prone to a creature dropped to 0 HP. Fantasy Grounds doesn't handle a creature dropping prone in this way. FG only adds the unconscious condition to a creature that drops to 0 HP.

Digging even deeper, if the unconscious effect is added to a creature for any reason. eg from a spell (sleep, eyebite...) the prone effect is added.
    BCE adds prone when a creature is unconscious as while it's unconscious FGC/FGU also give the prone effect wrapped in unconscious, however, if you remove unconscious in FGU vanilla they are no longer prone. However, in normal use they should still be prone as just being awake does not make one no longer prone they need to use 1/2 movement (on their turn most likely) to stand up. So BCE made it when you get unconscious you also become prone as to help with this issue.

To be honest automatic death resistance should likely need to detect that it would cause them to be 0 and instead of letting them be 0, they would instead be 1 as the trait states. I don't think this is really possible. As the rule is if a creature is unconscious they also become prone. So BCE is doing it correctly however do to limitations of FGU Auto Death Resistance is not able to not prevent them from becoming unconscious it is instead giving them +1 HP. Which also could cause conflicts with other effects too.

I see what your saying for the Automatic Death Resistance. It removes concentration as well. That's actually a pretty big drawback, though i guess it would be the case anyway when knocked to 0 HP.

It's really nice for running Zombie Hordes though.
    Last edited by alvaconklin; February 6th, 2022 at 20:43.

I can probably make that prone effect an option so people can toggle if they want it or not.

Version Update: 2.34
    Fixed - DMGA not working as intended
    Feature (5E) - Added option to options menu to add prone or not when unconscious
    Fixed - BCE Saves not working

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    Version Update: 2.34
    Fixed - DMGA not working as intended
    Feature (5E) - Added option to options menu to add prone or not when unconscious
    Fixed - BCE Saves not working
    Thank you, Saves now work as intended in pathfinder ruleset. Just in time for my game tomorrow

@Svandal - on the issue of SAVExxx in Pathfinder (or 3.5e, which I am using): are you using the small letter save abilities (reflex, fortitude, will)? The BCE descriptions refers to the 5e abilities and states "SAVEA: CON 10", but this is indeed for 5e only. E.g. for 3.5e, the Ghoul Touch equivalent requires: "GOTU; Paralyzed; SAVEA: fortitude 12 (R); SAVEE: fortitude 12 (R)"

Quote Originally Posted by Arnagus View Post
    @Svandal - on the issue of SAVExxx in Pathfinder (or 3.5e, which I am using): are you using the small letter save abilities (reflex, fortitude, will)? The BCE descriptions refers to the 5e abilities and states "SAVEA: CON 10", but this is indeed for 5e only. E.g. for 3.5e, the Ghoul Touch equivalent requires: "GOTU; Paralyzed; SAVEA: fortitude 12 (R); SAVEE: fortitude 12 (R)"
    Not sure to which save issue you reply to: But the remaining incompatibility which Svandal mentioned is with respect to my extension (the advanced automation one for 3.5E/PF1). This extension adds the ability that one can code effects in such a way that they only apply with respect to certain actions, like IFTAG: spell; SAVE: 3 (save bonus of +3 only against spells), or IFTAG: apple; AC: 2 (AC bonus of 2 against attacks with tag apple ) etc.

However, BCE adds ongoing saves if I understood correctly, and so one may try to combine ongoing saves with IFTAG, but that won't work currently

Thread Information