STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    About the procedure of campaigns coyping over to Test: At the very first time FG will copy the campaigns and stuff to the test directory; afterwards one needs to copy stuff manually
    Ah, yes. Now you are correct. It's so long ago that I started up TEST that I had completely forgotten that. And I think I now remember deleting any campaigns from Test that I didn't want in there.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    It's explaining what happened really.
    No it's not explaining why two of the three doors the doors got changed into walls. You're explaining why it opened a copy of my campaign. Which I'm fine with, it's a test, and I'm glad it did that.

I'm not sure how but you have opened a campaign in TEST which was in your live folder.
    Because when I installed the test build, it copied my live campaigns into the /channels/test folder. So I was able to add lighting to my custom map.

If you then opened that campaign in Live and then went back to TEST then you'll see what you saw -
    This is not relevant. I did not go back to live until after I saw the errors. I was checking to make sure that I did make doors there, which I had. So they should have been in the test version of the map too.

that is all occluders will change to walls.
    So it's supposed to change doors, windows, and terrain into walls? That doesn't sound like a good idea since it means all the maps will need to be fixed. Also, why did it only change 2 of the 3 doors into walls if all of them should have been changed?

When you start up in TEST you should only see the campaigns that are in the channels/Test/campaigns folder. And if this is the first time you have ever been in Test then I think you should see nothing.
    I did not see nothing, it automatically duplicated my campaigns folder in the /channels/test directory, so I saw the copies in there.

When I look at my campaign list in TEST I only see campaigns I have either created in TEST or have copied over from Live. So, in order to see a campaign that exists in Live you need to copy it to the channels/Test/campaigns folder. So I'm not at all sure what's happened in your case.
    That's great that it won't let me break the live campaign when I'm testing the lighting!

But it sounds like you're saying doors are supposed to be changed into walls automatically in the new version. I don't understand the logic behind that, but I will make sure not to build too far ahead in my campaign then. It will be less maps for me to fix after the update.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkMantle View Post
    No it's not explaining why two of the three doors the doors got changed into walls. You're explaining why it opened a copy of my campaign. Which I'm fine with, it's a test, and I'm glad it did that.

Because when I installed the test build, it copied my live campaigns into the /channels/test folder. So I was able to add lighting to my custom map.

This is not relevant. I did not go back to live until after I saw the errors. I was checking to make sure that I did make doors there, which I had. So they should have been in the test version of the map too.

So it's supposed to change doors, windows, and terrain into walls? That doesn't sound like a good idea since it means all the maps will need to be fixed. Also, why did it only change 2 of the 3 doors into walls if all of them should have been changed?

I did not see nothing, it automatically duplicated my campaigns folder in the /channels/test directory, so I saw the copies in there.

That's great that it won't let me break the live campaign when I'm testing the lighting!

But it sounds like you're saying doors are supposed to be changed into walls automatically in the new version. I don't understand the logic behind that, but I will make sure not to build too far ahead in my campaign then. It will be less maps for me to fix after the update.
    Zacchaeus meant that a test campaign would have such things as walls if you would copy it back to live, and that is why Zacchaeus is mentioning it because he assumed you may have done that No worries, there is no plan to convert all stuff to walls So, maybe you found a bug then if you did not go back, but I didn't follow your thread closely (there were also reports about such errors with some official maps in combination with Ctrl+Z)

Yeah I am not sure what the discussion about copying campaigns has to do with the issue. I noticed that the Castle Ravenloft Players Map pack I downloaded from DM's Guild by Grim Press and Trevor Armstrong has several windows that became walls when opened in 4.1. I closed the module and reverted changes and the issue persisted. The LoS definitions were fine when opened in the Live version of FGU.

Maybe I didn't explain it well originally.

I went back to the live channel and opened the **original** and it had doors. I was checking that I didn't forget the doors when they weren't in the 4.1 version when I was playing with lighting.

It seems to be happening with purchased modules too based on what Lavoiejh is saying.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkMantle View Post

No, I'm not saying that it is expected. I forgot that campaigns were copied over into test when you first updated to test so I got the wrong theory as to what happened. I've seen this myself once in Alpha testing but put it down to user error or an update that fixed it since I've been unable to replicated the issue.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    No, I'm not saying that it is expected. I forgot that campaigns were copied over into test when you first updated to test so I got the wrong theory as to what happened. I've seen this myself once in Alpha testing but put it down to user error or an update that fixed it since I've been unable to replicated the issue.
    I'm glad to hear the doors aren't supposed to convert to walls.

I'm not sure if it will happen again, but below is a link to the campaign I opened in 4.1.0. It might cause the error again. This is the original 4.0.10 version of the map. I'm hoping the import will have the same issue.

I only opened the map called "Base Level 1" (or something like that) to play with the lighting on. I didn't check the other maps.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oA0...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by TheDarkMantle; March 15th, 2021 at 23:21.

Non-wall occluders being converted to wall occluders in one of the issues that will occur if a campaign is opened in v4.0 after being opened in v4.1.

Additionally, there is currently a bug in v4.1 that we're tracking where using Undo (CTRL+Z) on a module image can cause this to occur sometimes.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Non-wall occluders being converted to wall occluders in one of the issues that will occur if a campaign is opened in v4.0 after being opened in v4.1.

Additionally, there is currently a bug in v4.1 that we're tracking where using Undo (CTRL+Z) on a module image can cause this to occur sometimes.

Regards,
    JPG
    I never opened it in 4.0, after opening in 4.1. So this is not relevant.

This happened the very first time I opened the map in 4.1.

As I was loading the test version, it was very clear that anything I opened in 4.1 would not open in 4.0 after. I have not tried this.

The error happens when opening the map in 4.1 for the first time.

I have explained this MULTIPLE times through this thread.

* I installed 4.1 test.
    * The install copied my campaigns over to the /channels/test directory.
    * I opened the campaign in 4.1.

Since this seems to be missed every time.

I OPENED IT IN 4.1!!!!!! NOT 4.0.10!!!!!

* When I opened the map for the first time, IN 4.1 the doors had been changed to walls.
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; March 16th, 2021 at 06:11.

Just re-read and saw the comment about CTRL+Z (undo) doing this, and I probably did Undo at some point while I was playing with the lights, before I tested the doors and saw the issue. So that could be the bug that caused the issue.

Thread Information