STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: V4.1 Feedback

V4.1 Feedback

Awesome things
    • Lighting system is so cool. I'm probably going to have to do a lot of theatre of the mind from now, otherwise I'll be making way too many shiny maps.
    • The image panel quick actions are amazing
    • I don't know if it's always been there, but I'm able to hold right click and drag through buttons, then release to select the quick menu option. This is so fast and awesome
    • I really like the 'time of day' filter

Problem feedback
    • 1920x1080 screen full screen, the image panel is staying too short horizontally (Grid button is half cut off etc) Image panel.png
    • No characters copied over from existing campaign (WARNING)
    • No taskbar shortcuts kept from existing campaign (WARNING)
    • Probably a lot of other custom stuff not copied?
    • Lighting system is so cool, too cool

I will say that I have not noticed any changes to behaviour when trying to use an effect of
    LIGHT: 25 torch
    LIGHT: 25ft torch
    VISION: 25 darkvision
    VISION: 25ft darkvision

or putting
    darkvision 60
    on a character on the tracker and a map

Character export/import files were able to be imported successfully with no issues

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestrayte View Post
    I will say that I have not noticed any changes to behaviour when trying to use an effect of
    LIGHT: 25 torch
    LIGHT: 25ft torch
    VISION: 25 darkvision
    VISION: 25ft darkvision

or putting
    darkvision 60
    on a character on the tracker and a map
    You mean that you aren't seeing the torch go onto the PC? What ruleset ate you using? Did you set the effect to Self? Can you screen shot your actions tab.

If you are adding directly to the CT you want the same effect - so VISION: 60 darkvision
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; March 12th, 2021 at 16:51.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I may be doing something completely daft, or this may have been stated as not working yet, but at the moment I can see all my effects layers across the map as if there were no walls or LoS occluders. Is this expected for v4.1?

edit: I'm guessing this may have something to do with the interaction with the 'Ambient Light' layer? Anyone got any insights on how to set up a dungeon map for testing with the new options and how they work together? Sorry if this is noted elsewhere but I've not spotted it if so.
    Last edited by Ludd_G; March 12th, 2021 at 12:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestrayte View Post
    Problem feedback
    • 1920x1080 screen full screen, the image panel is staying too short horizontally (Grid button is half cut off etc) Image panel.png
    • No characters copied over from existing campaign (WARNING)
    • No taskbar shortcuts kept from existing campaign (WARNING)
    • Probably a lot of other custom stuff not copied?
    • Lighting system is so cool, too cool
    The campaigns only copy over the first time you switch to the test server (I believe), afterwards you need to copy all your stuff manually to the test server (there is a "channels" directory in your data directory for that)

Thank you!

I have no feedback of actual use yet, but may I just say how PRETTY the new lighting system is? Here's a bard being menaced by moonlight by a glowing wraith, with the light of a flickering forge behind. Open both and flick between them to see how fun it is having the light source track the wraith.

wraith1.jpg
    wraithcloser.jpg

Very much looking forward to having a proper play.

Cheers, Hywel

@HywelPhillips,

Image panel width
    * What ruleset and extensions are you using?
    * Do you have any rulesets unzipped in your FG data folder under rulesets?
    * The support for the IDC width change is in the most recent version of CoreRPG ruleset already; but can be overriden by unpacked rulesets, other rulesets, or extensions.

Data copied to Test folder
    * As mentioned above, this only happens the first time you switch to Test channel. The copy is manual after that.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information