Starfinder Playlist

Thread: Extra Monitor

Extra Monitor

My gaming group and I are meeting for the first time in a while around my gaming table. We have been playing remotely using FG-U since late last year and everyone will be bringing their laptops to play around the table. I have a monitor connected to a computer sitting at the end of the table that we would use for some of the board games we play from time to time. Is there any utility to using that computer and monitor when all the players will have their own screen? We want to keep everything running on the computers so in case we can't meet in the future we can pick right up remotely and keep playing.

I was thinking of bringing up another instance of FG-U and putting the combat tracker on there or something but I am just not sure.

Run a second instance on the same computer connecting to localhost as the IP and throw that on the 2nd monitor.

Blog Entries
    I would do the second instance with the map on full screen and maybe the CT

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I already have a 2nd monitor on my GM computer that I will be using since I need to spread out my interface to be able to see everything properly. One screen just is not enough for the GM. I guess I will try out the combat tracker on the other computer with the monitor to see if that makes sense though.

Stargrove just to make sure you are on the same page. They are recommending you run a second instance of FG on your computer so it would be the players view and not the DM view. Then have that shared on the monitor that everyone can see.

If you want to use the computer and have it connect into the game do you have a remote keyboard and mouse or long cables you can use from where you are sitting to control it? If not then when you share anything that PC will be showing the last thing shared. I can completely see using it for a combat tracker and current map but if when you share a new image and you have to walk over and close it on that PC it might get old quick.
    If you want a Wishlist in the Fantasy grounds store klick the link and upvote it.
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=135468

Quote Originally Posted by Stargrove View Post
    I already have a 2nd monitor on my GM computer that I will be using since I need to spread out my interface to be able to see everything properly. One screen just is not enough for the GM. I guess I will try out the combat tracker on the other computer with the monitor to see if that makes sense though.
    One screen is enough to GM - 2 screens is luxury. I manage fine on 1 screen. With 8 players at once.

EDIT: The upcoming big patch with Dynamic Lighting is also going to have an option for the DM to see the Players View without a need for a second instance of FG running. Josh demonstrated it on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    One screen is enough to GM - 2 screens is luxury. I manage fine on 1 screen. With 8 players at once.

EDIT: The upcoming big patch with Dynamic Lighting is also going to have an option for the DM to see the Players View without a need for a second instance of FG running. Josh demonstrated it on Saturday.
    My inner nerd is very excited for that update...thats going to be massively awesome. (And helpful)

Thread Information