Starfinder Playlist

Changing the desktop background

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    See the Decal Tutorial on this page; https://www.fg-con.com/free-downloads/
    Sorry to be a pest, but that's not as user-friendly as I had hoped. I tried adding the extension and all it does is add different labels to replace the Star Wars logo. I was looking for an easy way to change the background like the starfield behind the decal.

Or am I missing a trick?

Edit: I think I have it figured out... took a while, but I am not one to normally mess with files, you know? Still, regardless of the image size, it won't cover the full screen, but unless there's an easy way to change the true background, it'll do
    Last edited by mossfoot; January 10th, 2021 at 05:08.

Blog Entries
    The desktop is loaded at start only. The only way to change the desktop is to restart FG.
    A decal can be switched during the game without a reload.
    A decal can be a theme image it doesnt have to be a logo

That is the best option for what you have described
    There is a tool to help you create decals

Remember also that players can rarely see their desktop - its usually covered by map+charsheet+combattracker

Yeah, I don't intend to use it as a game image replacement... just more like a generic image for various environments (jungle, swamp, snow, city, space).

I managed to get it to work well, but the images don't seem to go to the borders like I hoped... but maybe that's for the best. We'll see come game time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mossfoot View Post
    Yeah, I don't intend to use it as a game image replacement... just more like a generic image for various environments (jungle, swamp, snow, city, space).

I managed to get it to work well, but the images don't seem to go to the borders like I hoped... but maybe that's for the best. We'll see come game time.
    Backgrounds (not decals) use a 9 slice approach. i.e the center image should be tileable, the other 8 images are the borders. Sounds like you have only replaced the center image.

Not that if the center image is not tileable, then it will do undesirable things for people on different screen resolutions. Make sure you test that out so your players aren't confused by the changes you make.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Moved this discussion to its own thread.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information