DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 17 of 105 First ... 715161718192767 ... Last
    I see your point, however last night in a game using CAE DM Tools spell token targeting my player was able to cast fireball, use the token position it over 10 giant ants and get it to target them all saving a lot of time . I know the functionality exists I am just in the process of moving to the auto effects, equipped effects and KitnKaboodle way of working and if your ext offered the same functionality it would be a no brainer for me.

I do not know whether it helps: In the image toolbar are also targeting tools that help to select multiple targets at once (with pressing Alt one can also draw freehand areas for targeting selection)

Quote Originally Posted by Leprekorn View Post
    I see your point, however last night in a game using CAE DM Tools spell token targeting my player was able to cast fireball, use the token position it over 10 giant ants and get it to target them all saving a lot of time . I know the functionality exists I am just in the process of moving to the auto effects, equipped effects and KitnKaboodle way of working and if your ext offered the same functionality it would be a no brainer for me.
    sounds like you use the 'critically awesome' extension to do the token, which will select tokens as it adds process flow to the cast. which is fine for a fireball that lasts one round as a marker... ( also has less token layer draw issues. )

which is not really what spell tokens is far, its designed to 'last' on the map... say 'cloud of dagger' over a number of rounds etc..

while its nice to drop a fireball token to mark the area, you can use the built in circle tool to work out the hit area.. maybe not a quick... and you can always use the 'select' rectangle to grab a group of tokens. ( Not sure if you can then click select them all onto your character or not... )

Can I ask what is 'better' with my extension over using 'critically awesome' which you already use ?

( My extension, started as just a basic marker token that did nothing, was super simpler to code and easy to use... only its grown over the time to include a lot of stuff needed to deal with the stupid draw layer order issues of FG.. which I'm still trying to sort out.. so target might be a feature at some point... as per previous post about my hint using the radial to select targets which has been on my thoughts for a while, if/when I get time to look further into it.. )

Having not used your extension I don't know what is better. I currently use OCD and CAE for wildshapes and I was using the Coding packs. However I was enticed by automatic effects and equipped effects, then kit and kaboodle which all work great together and Aridrho mentioned on the GP discord he had your spell tokens working with his auto effects. So I thought I might be able to use yours instead of CAE

Quote Originally Posted by Leprekorn View Post
    Having not used your extension I don't know what is better. I currently use OCD and CAE for wildshapes and I was using the Coding packs. However I was enticed by automatic effects and equipped effects, then kit and kaboodle which all work great together and Aridrho mentioned on the GP discord he had your spell tokens working with his auto effects. So I thought I might be able to use yours instead of CAE
    if you need selection, at the moment 'no' is the answer.. but might be possible at a later date..

As others have suggested we now have the 'target' buttons on the top bar of the maps which might be suitable.

( I've not used 'alt' freehand selection, but I'm also not sure you can 'target' from this selection... I can see it select with the 'rect' grab but I could not 'ctrl+select' the rect group to adjust player target... But I only had a very quick look at that and maybe I need to do a slight different sequence... )

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    if you need selection, at the moment 'no' is the answer.. but might be possible at a later date..

As others have suggested we now have the 'target' buttons on the top bar of the maps which might be suitable.

( I've not used 'alt' freehand selection, but I'm also not sure you can 'target' from this selection... I can see it select with the 'rect' grab but I could not 'ctrl+select' the rect group to adjust player target... But I only had a very quick look at that and maybe I need to do a slight different sequence... )
    The targeting buttons in the image toolbar already exist for years by the way

Yup, the freehand mode should be with pressing Alt (but maybe ctrl or shift, I didn't test right now). To make it work it is important that the token(s) for which you want to adjust the targets are selected There is also a button for targetting all friendly or hostile tokens (relative to the faction; so, hostile tokens will select other hostile ones if you press the "Select friendly" button, I think )

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    When I went back to reproduce it, I could not get the exact repeat but I did pick up that my fireball token on the client side gives me the player vision through it when I click it to move it. So I assume I somehow got the early example in a zone I had no vision (like in a wall).

Easy to reproduce this: map with lighting & LOS (screen1), client drops a spell token on a far away part of the map. Click the token to move it and you should see areas of the map the player has not yet (screen 2). It is almost like "party vision" is on but the options say off (screen3)?

Edit: And token lock makes moving these very hard. The text is giant (screen4).
    v3.8 should sort out the party vision, I've disabled spell tokens from the vision system. (FGU has a non-documented function call to do it, but its used in the ruleset so I feel fine using it, while the documentation gets made upto date !! )

The party move/vision should still be respected as I've not changed the ownership.

Have a go and let me know if you have any other issues/suggestions.

-pete

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    The targeting buttons in the image toolbar already exist for years by the way

Yup, the freehand mode should be with pressing Alt (but maybe ctrl or shift, I didn't test right now). To make it work it is important that the token(s) for which you want to adjust the targets are selected There is also a button for targetting all friendly or hostile tokens (relative to the faction; so, hostile tokens will select other hostile ones if you press the "Select friendly" button, I think )
    Thanks for the update, just done a play with this... and I can get it to target without my extension... but when my extension is enabled it is causing it to not select. I'll debug it some time soon, as its an interaction with token selection if they are 'under' a spell token. So I'll need to work around this case as well....

EDIT: fixed in v3.9.

-pete
    Last edited by bratch9; May 20th, 2021 at 20:47.

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    v3.8 should sort out the party vision, I've disabled spell tokens from the vision system. (FGU has a non-documented function call to do it, but its used in the ruleset so I feel fine using it, while the documentation gets made upto date !! )

The party move/vision should still be respected as I've not changed the ownership.

Have a go and let me know if you have any other issues/suggestions.

-pete
    So, I took a look. v3.9. It appears token control is still good but when I click on the spell token I have vision (screen1/2).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    So, I took a look. v3.9. It appears token control is still good but when I click on the spell token I have vision (screen1/2).
    did you delete all tokens before that test ?

as the old tokens will have bad config.

Also made a minor fix to v3.9 so can you pull the new version of v3.9.

map.JPG
    Last edited by bratch9; May 20th, 2021 at 21:32. Reason: to add map image.

Thread Information