5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 4 of 7 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Love the new types.

Question about the window ... what do you do if a window is boarded up or otherwise so dirty that you cannot see through it? I guess there would also be cases where it was a tall building and the window is 15 feet up, thus you would see that the window is there but not be able to see past it.

I know a SHIFT+click locks it. Is there a similar function to obscure (so you can't see though it) or do we just make those windows doors instead since you wouldn't see past them without opening them?
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by sciencephile View Post
    Love the new types.

Question about the window ... what do you do if a window is boarded up or otherwise so dirty that you cannot see through it? I know a SHIFT+click locks it. Is there a similar function to obscure (so you can't see though it) or do we just make those windows doors instead since you wouldn't see past them without opening them?
    At that point its just a door. I would use a regular door there.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    At that point its just a door. I would use a regular door there.
    That's what I was thinking but I wanted to make sure as I hate to keep switching back and forth, particularly if I just didn't know a feature existed. Thanks.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Hi guys, I seem to have an issue with the new pit type.

last release of FGU. I have placed a pit in dungeon, opened it so that my dear players could fall into it.

As far as I have understood, if I lock token movement and one of my player's planned movement pass on the pit, the pit should block the player's movement from progressing.

However, the movement don't stop and the player seems to float on the pit, without giving a damn.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you very much for your patience.

Quote Originally Posted by eriktedesco View Post
    Hi guys, I seem to have an issue with the new pit type.

last release of FGU. I have placed a pit in dungeon, opened it so that my dear players could fall into it.

As far as I have understood, if I lock token movement and one of my player's planned movement pass on the pit, the pit should block the player's movement from progressing.

However, the movement don't stop and the player seems to float on the pit, without giving a damn.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you very much for your patience.
    I think you have the open/closed status reversed. When the pit is closed, the characters can see into the pit, but once inside cant get out. When the pit is marked open, FG basically ignores it and it doesnt restrict sight or movement. so to trap your players, mark it closed.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Found the issue...wrong layer...stupid me...

ok, the PG falls into the pit when it is toggled open, while it can moves on it when it is toggled closed
    Last edited by eriktedesco; October 18th, 2020 at 15:38.

I think you have the open/closed status reversed. When the pit is closed, the characters can see into the pit, but once inside cant get out. When the pit is marked open, FG basically ignores it and it doesnt restrict sight or movement. so to trap your players, mark it closed.
    It is the opposite Open pit means active (because the pit is open, you need to understand that literally ) then it blocks movement and vision, once inside. When it is closed (like a filled pit), then it is basically inactive (or I am now confusing open/closed states )

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    It is the opposite Open pit means active (because the pit is open, you need to understand that literally ) then it blocks movement and vision, once inside. When it is closed (like a filled pit), then it is basically inactive (or I am now confusing open/closed states )
    I think you are right. I even explained it that way in the OP. Too many cool new things and my brain is getting old.

I think you are right. I even explained it that way in the OP. Too many cool new things and my brain is getting old.
    No worries I was confusing it sometimes, too

Quote Originally Posted by sciencephile View Post
    Love the new types.

Question about the window ... what do you do if a window is boarded up or otherwise so dirty that you cannot see through it? I guess there would also be cases where it was a tall building and the window is 15 feet up, thus you would see that the window is there but not be able to see past it.

I know a SHIFT+click locks it. Is there a similar function to obscure (so you can't see though it) or do we just make those windows doors instead since you wouldn't see past them without opening them?

I posted feedback that it should have a second toggle for LOS. Another way around it aside from the door suggestion is to put terrain on either side to toggle that as well. Cumbersome either way.

Thread Information