5E Character Create Playlist

Questions: Maps / jpgs size info / tools

FGU:
    Working with an image:
    Q!: Under layers, the tile size, what is the unit of measurement? (Pixels?)
    Q2: Changing the size of an image in FGU, does that affect the load time/size for sharing with players? / If an image loads in (imports into FGU) at a tile size of 84x84 and I reduce that to 22x22 in game will the load size to my players remain the same or also be reduced?

I'm looking at making a large outdoor area map and I have 2 players on older machines that see lag in loading big maps.
    Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Give aid to those in need when you are able. Never follow thoughts of gain into the pursuit of evil, and never hesitate to kill the villain while you have the chance.

Blog Entries
    I think the size field is pixels per square, but not sure.

Don't think changing the size/scale of an image in FGU changes loading because I'm sure it doesn't change the actual image file, just the display scale. So the whole file still needs to be sent.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Makes sense. Thank You for the quick reply
    Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Give aid to those in need when you are able. Never follow thoughts of gain into the pursuit of evil, and never hesitate to kill the villain while you have the chance.

Yes, the size field is pixels per square. If you set that to the image's pixels before you plop a map in it, the map will automatically size properly.

There are two considerations for images. The files size, which affects how quickly it uploads to the players, and the pixel count of the image, which affects how much memory is used to display it.
    Just because an image has a smaller file size does not mean it will load faster, even though it will transfer faster.

Look at posts 15 and 16 for details. Unity map size

Thread Information