DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Not sure if this has been 'asked for' but here.

I know we have a wish list and multiple monitor support is on it.

I am not sure if this would be part of it or not but it would nice to run FGU on one monitor and 'detach' various elements (specifically the combat tracker and possibly the chat box) and move them over to a 2nd monitor.

I like my 'VTT' real estate and having most if not all of my 34" 1440p monitor be the 'map' would be perfect.

That’s what people mean by multi monitor support. And as far as I am aware this isn’t ever going to be possible.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks I figured that the 'program' is self contained and pulling elements out is not possible. No program can do that. Similar to playing a MMO like Elder Scrolls online and having raid/operations elements on another monitor.

Blog Entries
    Its been discussed. It is extremely hard to do. Gimp is the one of the few applications that does it. For FG to do it would require an architectural re-write, or so I understand. Basically meaning the code would have to be re-written once again and it might not be backwards compatible.

But, doesn't mean we can't ask for it

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I would settle for these improvements in a multi-monitor setup:

- Remember the main program window positioning in the OS between program exit and launch (now it always launches with the window half-way off screen and I have to re-position it back into place; this worked in Classic)

- Ability to define the area that a maximized/pinned map-image window covers (now it takes too much space making the point of having multiple monitors moot, so I have the map in a floating window instead but keep losing other windows behind it)

- Not multi-monitor specific but: Remember all the in-program window settings between program exit and launch, whether they were open or not (now they are always closed by default and I have to click everything open one by one)

Quote Originally Posted by Larsenex View Post
    Thanks I figured that the 'program' is self contained and pulling elements out is not possible. No program can do that. Similar to playing a MMO like Elder Scrolls online and having raid/operations elements on another monitor.
    Adobe Photoshop behaves that way, so it's achievable in concept, but may not be something the unity engine supports.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperventilator View Post
    - Ability to define the area that a maximized/pinned map-image window covers (now it takes too much space making the point of having multiple monitors moot, so I have the map in a floating window instead but keep losing other windows behind it)

- Not multi-monitor specific but: Remember all the in-program window settings between program exit and launch, whether they were open or not (now they are always closed by default and I have to click everything open one by one)
    Try the Window Saver X extension. I think it does at least some of this.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Try the Window Saver X extension. I think it does at least some of this.
    I have no experience in using extensions, so I wouldn't know where to start, and I also read somewhere that it's a bit risky using them in Unity this early anyway.

Having detachable child windows is extremely common, however, I have no idea how Unity would handle it. I can't think of a game that I know is written in Unity (admittedly, not a long list) that does this, but every single application that opens a window or message box that can be dragged off the main application window is doing it. I can't think of many applications that use the ability as a prominent UI design, but that doesn't mean it can't be done.

I'd love this ability. I use FGU for my IRL D&D game and I'd love to have my laptop hooked to my TV so I can show my players maps, NPCs, and other "handouts" on the big screen.

Quote Originally Posted by dpeebles View Post
    I use FGU for my IRL D&D game and I'd love to have my laptop hooked to my TV so I can show my players maps, NPCs, and other "handouts" on the big screen.
    Lots of people do this. Start a second instance of FG on the same computer and join with an IP address of localhost Then show this player instance on the big screen.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information