Page 8 of 53 First ... 67891018 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Oopsi, I think I forgot something
    Hard to keep track of all those ideas!
    I wonder what else we have missed

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Hard to keep track of all those ideas!
    I wonder what else we have missed
    hehe, yes Thankfully Sudain made me aware of that I forgot the blind fight stuff

Hard at work on next Ammunition Manager update:
    Screenshot_2021-08-11_081007.png

Finally getting around to decrementing ammo from inventory.

EDIT: here is the first public build. tell me what I have broken!

Ammunition Manager v2.0
    * Lots of code improvement and simplification.
    * Opening PFRPG/3.5E ranged weapon details screen (magnifying glass button) now allows linking an inventory item with the subtype "Ammunition" or "Ammo" to the weapon. Attacks made with this weapon will decrement the count of that inventory item. If the name in this field doesn't match any inventory item, old behavior of this extension will be used.
    Click here to see raw code changes

EDIT2: here is a new video which includes the new feature:
    Last edited by bmos; August 12th, 2021 at 15:08.

I do like how if it's not linked, it reverts to ticking off the count, thats a good fallback!

Quote Originally Posted by Zygmunt Molotch View Post
    I do like how if it's not linked, it reverts to ticking off the count, thats a good fallback!
    Thanks Hopefully I'll have a chance next week to implement an ammo counter.

EDIT: just posted v2.1 which improves the UI
    Ammunition Manager v2.1
    * Revise labels and tooltips to improve intuitiveness
    * Change ammo search box into a dropdown list of all options
    Screenshot 2021-08-13 150708.png
    Last edited by bmos; August 13th, 2021 at 20:08.

Can someone with 4E data take a screenshot of the item sheet for an arrow? I need to know what "Class" and "Subclass" are used for ammunition.
    EDIT: I have posted a new build that works in 4E if Class is Ammo or Ammunition:
    Ammunition Manager v2.2
    * Substantial reduction in redundant code between 4E and PFRPG (at least 80 lines).
    * Implement item tracking in 4E ruleset. Class of the desired ammunition item should be set to Ammunition or Ammo.
    * Increase height of ammo picker list to match neighboring number fields (all rulesets).
    EDIT: if you have already downloaded Ammunition Manager v2.2 as of Aug 15 at 1:03pm, please redownload. I had uploaded the wrong ext version.

Also:

I'm starting to plan out how I could make this work for NPCs as well.
    The main issue I'm seeing is that an NPC could have multiple ranged attacks and there isn't an obvious way to keep ammunition separate for each weapon like we have for PCs.
    Thoughts?
    Last edited by bmos; August 15th, 2021 at 18:38.

Up next: SFRPG support

EDIT:
    Ammunition Manager v2.3-hotfix.1
    * Code improvements
    * Ammo is once again tracked via checkboxes. To reload quiver, double-click on max ammo counter.
    * Excess recovered ammo added to inventory item.
    * Starfinder is now a supported ruleset, but it might need updates to handle game mechanics better (I am not familiar with them). No hit margin tracking has been added to SFRPG.
    * HOTFIX: issue with Starfinder attacks not being resolved vs target.

I'll find time soon to post another video explaining the UI and features.
    EDIT: new Ammunition Manager video coming out later this morning (once it uploads and processes):
    https://youtu.be/luAgwIrQ-JE

EDIT2: also 5E is now supported:
    Ammunition Manager v2.4-hotfix.2
    * 5E now a supported ruleset!
    * HOTFIX: for issue with Starfinder attacks not being resolved vs target.
    * HOTFIX: if a weapon was created for a character that had no inventory items, a script error could occur.
    * HOTFIX: ruleset-specific loadaction items
    Last edited by bmos; August 19th, 2021 at 16:28.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    I'm starting to plan out how I could make this work for NPCs as well.
    The main issue I'm seeing is that an NPC could have multiple ranged attacks and there isn't an obvious way to keep ammunition separate for each weapon like we have for PCs.
    Thoughts?
    Maybe an additional field for ammunition in the NPC main sheet that works the same way than the PC version, and that recognizes which weapon is used in the Attack field (and the combat tracker one too?). Maybe a drop down list of which ammunition is used so we can select the ones we want to use and that is automatically populated by recognizing precise keywords in the NPC's inventory. Ex: Arrows (12), Bolts (8)
    The parenthesis number would be picked up and it would tick down in the dropdown menu when used as ammunition.

A (-none-) option in the dropdown menu could be used when the NPC attacks with a melee weapon. Only when the corresponding ammunition would be used will it lower.

I don't know how it would be feasible, but they are my thoughts about how I would like to use it easily with my friendly npc's that have limited ammos!

Thank you for making this compatible with 5E! Having said that, would it be possible to make it where you could change the recovery option from misses to expended? 5E rules state you get back 50% of expended ammo after an encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivanknight220 View Post
    Thank you for making this compatible with 5E! Having said that, would it be possible to make it where you could change the recovery option from misses to expended? 5E rules state you get back 50% of expended ammo after an encounter.
    Thanks for pointing that out! I'll make it do that instead when used with 5E.

Thread Information