5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by tentimes View Post
    You think that is just acceptable? I can't scroll. I can't scroll should have been the title of this actually as it is getting a bit missunderstood.
    No, I don't think that is acceptable. Hence why I said your middle mouse button issue needs looking into. And, yes, you did concentrate on pushing a change to the mouse buttons early on in this thread, rather than take a more troubleshooting approach and let us know that it works in FGC, but not in FGU - that would have saved everyone a lot of time and angst.

Glad we got to the exact problem in the end.

Using a brand new campaign with no extensions or themes enabled, please please provide a screenshot of FGU when you're unable to middle-mouse-button-drag to pan the image - this will help use to see if there's an edit setting or some-such that might be interfering with the pan functionality.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

It would be handy if we could hold the space bar and left-click to pan, as many graphics apps do.

This would also make it more friendly to trackpad users and mouse users without a middle button.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dire Weasel View Post
    It would be handy if we could hold the space bar and left-click to pan, as many graphics apps do.

This would also make it more friendly to trackpad users and mouse users without a middle button.
    Vote for it on the wish list
    https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=75249

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dire Weasel View Post

Try control. It already does that. (and vote for any duplicate keyboard shortcuts that you want added on the wishlist as LordEntrails said).
    Thanks for the Photoshop tip, had no idea (or maybe had forgotten) I could use spacebar for that
    Last edited by bmos; August 29th, 2020 at 13:18.

I'm used to the middle mouse clicking, as this is how movement is done in Paradox Games like EU4, CK2, HOI4, etc...

These games are literally just moving a map for 90% of it. So there is a good bit of precedent for it.

I tried Control, Option, and Command drag with both left and right mouse button. None of those combinations did a map pan.

I'm on Mac, btw.

Panning is accomplished using either a middle mouse button click and drag action;
    OR by clicking and dragging on the navigation scroller icon in the lower right of the image window;
    OR by using the arrow keys after left clicking in the image window view.

Regards,
    JPG

Can't some keyboard commands be created and customizable?

Using the touchpad makes almost impossible to scroll the images.
    Last edited by fabiocm; September 3rd, 2020 at 04:45.
    - - -
    FG Classic / FG Unity Ultimate
    Playing D&D 5th

Came upon this thread because my middle mouse button doesn't work on press (it's the mouse, wore that mouse press out playing Tarkov) and was looking for other ways to scroll that aren't the painfully slow movement you get when you use the Compass thing in the bottom-right. I'd been using the compass on with FGC and it was fine, but in FGU, particularly if trying to scroll downward, it scrolls at a snails pace.

Saw some people here advising control+drag. That seems to resize the window for me, not actually pan around. Are all the people recommending this wrong, or is mine behaving differently?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterno View Post
    Saw some people here advising control+drag. That seems to resize the window for me, not actually pan around. Are all the people recommending this wrong, or is mine behaving differently?
    CTRL-drag does not work, just verified this. (and is not designed to)

The three ways are what Moon lists in post #27

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information