Starfinder Playlist

FGU Failing On Attacks

Greetings,

Over the last year or so FGU has intermittently refused to do an attack. One token targets another and rolls the attack on it's sheet...and the error log dialog pops up saying something about null references.

Until now, I could still drag-and-drop the attack roll onto the target in the Combat Tracker.

I recently started a Hellfrost campaign, which is SWD rules, but I wanted to use SWADE spells, etc. So I've got Hellfrost stuff all opened, as well as the base SWADE Player's guide and SWADE Fantasy Companion.

Now, nearly every attack made by PC or NPC throws a similar error dialog, but refuses to let me drop the attack onto the target. It just does nothing.

I've been living with the idiocy for so long because I could at least work around it fairly easily. Now it's just plain unusable.

I've attached my current log dump. It demonstrates the failures while playing SWADE Deadlands with various SWD expansions opened, as well as the current SWD Hellfrost with various SWADE expansions open.

I really hope there is a simple fix for this (besides just not using any SWADE modules).

Thanks in advance,

-Thomas
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for reporting. I just pushed a quick hot fix. Can you try a new Check for Updates, and see if you still see the issue?

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks for the quick response.

It appears to work in the Hellfrost setting that's using SWADE rules...at least so far.

Still getting an error in the Deadlands: The Weird West campaign that's referencing some SWD materials.

I Compiled the logs after getting the error and attached them to this reply.

At this point my Hellfrost appears to working...and I can still drop the erroneous attack onto the target in the Deadlands campaign.

So, I can at least do combats for both of my campaigns now.

Hopefully these logs will help you identify the remaining issue.

Thanks again for you attention to details.

-Thomas

Can you provide a zipped up version of that campaign? And an example of the attacker, attack used, and target that generates that error?

The script error is something in CoreRPG that would only fail if a function was called with an incorrect value somewhere else. Also, "/debug on" in the chat entry before the error would return more information.

Thanks,
    JPG

Alright, here's the log zip with /debug on.

My campaign file is huge. I'll see what I can trim. In the mean time, this log zip may help.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tpkurilla View Post
    My campaign file is huge. I'll see what I can trim.
    One of my campaigns went from 315MB to 180MB by converting all the images to webp format. I used an add-on for Gimp to batch convert and then Notepadd++ to do a find and replace on all the file named to switch to .webp.

Of course, before you do any of that, make backups in case you get something wrong!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

This object doesn't appear in any of the ruleset code, nor in any of the SW setting extensions that I have:
    [string "P:SWGangingUpExcludeInactiveCombatants"]:10: in function 'customizeCluster'

I'm guessing it is one of the extensions you are running:
    [4/8/2024 7:50:23 PM] EXTENSION: SW Ganging Up: Exclude Inactive Combatants v0.3
    [4/8/2024 7:50:23 PM] EXTENSION: Trait Roll Details v0.5

Regards,
    JPG

In shrinking the campaign directory, I've managed to identify something odd.

If a PC is adjacent to the target, then I get the errors.

If the PC is not adjacent, then no errors occur.

I disabled the Gang-up extension, and now I don't get the errors when attacking adjacent.

I guess that extension is no longer required?

Thanks for pointing that out. Life will be *much* better now!

-Thomas

Gang Up extension has not worked for over a year. Its more of a "how-to write an extension" that Ikael wrote.

Thread Information