DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

MAC map and image display problems

Ran an FGU game last night with the latest patch. 6 players, PF 1.
    I hosted on LAN on my Windows 10 machine. Five of the players joined from Windows 10 machines. One player joined from a Mac (I am not certain at this point what Mac specifically he was playing on but he has been playing on that one for the past several weeks without incident.)

The windows clients behaved normally but the Mac client could only see pink on the map. We tried rebooting him, sharing and un-sharing the map, deleting his cache and no matter what all maps showed pink. At one point I shared an image and it was a solid pink rectangle. He could mouse over the areas of the pink map and occasionally locate token that would show the tooltip name of the token but they were indistinguishable from the background pink.

I will try to get him to give me the specific information on his system. But, for now see the attached image.

I am having a similar problem on my iMac. I am the DM and all my images and Maps are hot pink.

Quote Originally Posted by Hdsidecar View Post
    I am having a similar problem on my iMac. I am the DM and all my images and Maps are hot pink.
    A couple of our thoughts initially were maybe display driver issues on his Mac or a problem with the images getting pushed to him through sharing. You having the same problem points away from driver issue I think. And that you are having it as the DM points away from sharing issue since you'd have the maps and images locally.

Situation, Mac, GM, FGU, any image or map displays as a blank hot pink screen. Have seen on thread one other Mac having the same issue.

Issue first happened when I opened an image in FGU today after the latest update. I am the GM, when I share an image my PC players can see the image correctly.

I will be checking in on this thread during the evening if I can help any.

Blog Entries
    A "pink render" occurs when there is a shader error. I'm unable to reproduce on either of my Macs (MacbookPro and MacMini) with local builds or a fresh install of the live version. My suspicion is that the Updater is not updating the shader change in the last update. Does any brave soul with this issue want to try running a fresh install and update? (Be sure to back up your data).

Okay pindercarl I can try a fresh install but walk me through it if you can.

walk me through or point me to the backup my data instructions.

Blog Entries
    To back up your date, all you need to do is open the folder icon on the FG data screen. That will take you to your FG Data Folder. Copy that folder to a safe location. Then do an uninstall and install. Then replace the contents of the data folder with the contents of your safe backup data.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    To back up your date, all you need to do is open the folder icon on the FG data screen. That will take you to your FG Data Folder. Copy that folder to a safe location. Then do an uninstall and install. Then replace the contents of the data folder with the contents of your safe backup data.
    There should be no need to do an uninstall. Run the installer PKG at https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filel...WebInstall.pkg After installation is complete, run the update to get the latest version.

Thread Information