STAR TREK 2d20

How do you save or transfer campaigns

Is it possible to sync them with git?

Blog Entries
    Your campaign data is saved in the FG Data Folder (access via the folder icon from the launch screen) campaign sub-folder. You can copy/backup/sync that as desired, just do not allow it to be copied/sync'd when FG is in use or you will get corrupted data. This includes and is particular to cloud sync folders like Drive or One.

Are you looking to sync campaign data between a development and play computer?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I've started putting a copy of my campaign (and my modules-in-progress too) into git.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagix View Post
    I've started putting a copy of my campaign (and my modules-in-progress too) into git.
    Did you copy them, and source control the copy? I was considering turning the campaigns directory into a repo, or moving it elsewhere and symlinking to it so FG can't see git's files.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    This, and I operate on a basic principle that my machine will die when it will do the most damage. I take full advantage of onedrive and visualstudio.com.
    If I turn the campaigns dir into a repo, will FG ignore git's cruft?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thebuda View Post
    This, and I operate on a basic principle that my machine will die when it will do the most damage. I take full advantage of onedrive and visualstudio.com.
    Smart, and too often true.
    If I turn the campaigns dir into a repo, will FG ignore git's cruft?
    No idea

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I made the campaign directories git repos directly. Now for me, I also added a .gitignore file to ignore chatlog.html, windowstate.xml, usersettings, db.session.*.xml, and db.backup.*.xml. But that's just me not caring to source control those files. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Your campaign data is saved in the FG Data Folder (access via the folder icon from the launch screen) campaign sub-folder. You can copy/backup/sync that as desired, just do not allow it to be copied/sync'd when FG is in use or you will get corrupted data. This includes and is particular to cloud sync folders like Drive or One.

Hello, recently came across this post. I'm not the fluent with google drive. Do you know if there is a guide on saving/backing up the campaign to google drive using drive for desktop. I'm assuming drive for desktop probably wants to always sync so I would want to try to figure out how to now allow it to be copied or synced while FGU is in use or the particle folder in my google drive.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Filbert13 View Post
    Hello, recently came across this post. I'm not the fluent with google drive. Do you know if there is a guide on saving/backing up the campaign to google drive using drive for desktop. I'm assuming drive for desktop probably wants to always sync so I would want to try to figure out how to now allow it to be copied or synced while FGU is in use or the particle folder in my google drive.
    I think you can control the sync status (automatic or manual) of a folder. But I'm not sure.

What you can do though is to create a manual backup script and run it manually wen you want (or even schedule it as a task to run weekly etc). Details on a couple of scrits you can use are here; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post308736

Thread Information