STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    The first time I ran the combat LOS was not active, I had not placed any walls or such.
    I had my group enter a room with 60 undead which I had prepared with 2 shortcuts. As I dragged the 1st 30 undead on the tracker it slowed a bit on my pc. Then I added the second bunch on the ct (now approx. 65 participants)and the players pcs literally froze. Targeting of enenies took several up to several minutes.

Hmm, that is what I am wondering about.

Without LOS, why does adding more actors to the CT have to slow things down? It sounds like FG is doing constant checks of something between the actors, or something like that.

Blog Entries
    Depending on the ruleset, PF/PF2 have a lot of automation built around NPCs in the CT. Especially around spells. That might influence it. Don't know.

The devs are still working on performance. If you can create a reproducible situation, it will help them identify the issue(s) and tune for better performance. Things that are known to impact are ruleset, extensions, modules loaded, operating system, hardware specs, graphic cards/driver, map size, number of occluders. No doubt other things impact it as well, but given the millions of possible combinations, its very hard to trouble shoot.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

More Actors on the CT cause
    * more values that need to be tracked (HP, Ini, Effects etc)
    * more token-positions that need to be checked
    * more "listeners" active that need to listen to events triggert by interacting with the tokens (draging token, dragging Damage or attack roll on token etc)
    * regular and frequent updates to be sent or recieved between players regarding values, state, position etc of tokens

and if only some of these are/have to be computed in a sequential and not a parallel way speed may take hit.

Thread Information